+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap amp and speakers

I'm Dan.

Default Cheap amp and speakers

For a spare bedroom project...

Ideally £100 for both but can go over budget a bit

Something along the lines of an Arcam Alpha 5/6/7 amp, NAD C320/320BEE or maybe a t-amp that's got enough grunt etc

Speakers wise; Q Acoustics 2010/2020's or the 'i' versions as well.. MA BX1's, Tannoy Mercury F1's, Wharfedale 9.1's etc...

You get the gist!

Unless you're local to Preston, they'll need to be couriered but im happy to sort that if you're OK to bubble wrap and box, or have the original boxes

Afanku...
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Dan.

Bump
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Brian.

I would do for a little Amptastic Mini 1 Dan . You'll be surprised how good it is . It drove Garys Edingdales beautifully for over 3 months .
    Also if you shop around you should be able to pick up some Q Acoustic 2010is for around your budget .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Dan.

Cheers Brian

Been looking but can't find one 'fer lover nor money'!!!

The Q's (2010i's or 2020i's) are what I'm aiming for; but may come up trumps with some Tannoy Mercury F1's or MA BX1's that are local to me!

I'm Brian.

Good luck with your search Dan . Is there a Richer Sounds near you . It may be worth a look there .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

I found the Amptastic a tad weak with the q's I had.. mind you as a desktop system it may well be fine. Q's are not all that efficient and like a bit of current up 'em Dan.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

I'm sorted for an amp now; I've bought another NAD C320BEE haha...

It was one of my very first amps and it's always made me gooey

Just need some nice little/cheap speakers now like the Q 2010's or 2020's or maybe some more Wharfedale 9.1's/10.1's etc... Would like to grab a set of Acoustic Energy AE100's but they're like rocking horse poop!

+ Reply to Thread