+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Minute Acoustic Jam Via Rowland Digital Recorder

I'm Justin.

Default 10 Minute Acoustic Jam Via Rowland Digital Recorder

I connected my Rowland R-09HR digital recorder to my system last night.

I haven't used it for ages - this was recorded a few years ago. This was a £250 digital recorder - portable and small.

What strikes me is the SQ is really pretty damned good. There's no processing here just a raw 44.1KHz 16 bit recording. Given that the h/w is cheap compared to studio standards, and I am just using the internal mics, it does make you wonder what happens in the studio sometimes.

I thought I'd share it - feel free to hear me making a mess - and I mean a mess - of the Strangler's Sometimes. Keeping it real. Of course I have it licked now The rest of it isn't too bad.

You should end up with a 102MB uncompressed WAV file. Don't worry about viruses - it is a .WAV after all.

Play loud

10 Minute Jam

I'm Justin.

Download removed. I've decided against the wisdom of inflicting this on other people. Seemed like a good idea at the time

Rare, unobtanium, unauthorised bootleg versions will no doubt not appear

I'm Alan.

Ahrrr, I did actually download it, but my Linux based machine hadn't got anything that would play it

I'm Justin.

Really? It is just a .WAV. Hope it is nothing as stupid as case sensitivity, Linux being what it is?

The 'Hear Comes The Sun' is just about OK but you have to waste 6-7 odd minutes of your life for that unless you know it is there... or the bastardisation of The Cult's "She Sells Santuary" riff that's earlier fares better than Sometimes.

Hugh Cornwell - very good guitar player IMHO.

I'm Justin.

I just remembered .wav is a Microsoft format, which is why you can't play it I suspect. I haven't looked but there must be something out there you can download that will play the format on Linux (for future reference).

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Marc.

Every linux distro I've ever used supports .wav out of the box, many of them even preview the file if you hold the mouse over it (depending what desktop you're using).

Failing that a quick apt-get install vlc will do the job

(it's probably not the .WAV as file extensions are a windows thing so linux doesn't parse them, although it is case sensitive)

I'm Marc.

Well there you go, I'd never clocked it was non-free

+ Reply to Thread