+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

I'm Anthony.

Default Hello!

Hi,

My name is Tony Dorris. I am a service tech from southern Indiana. I repair, modify and build tube amps, ss amps, effects pedals and guitar pickups.

I'm Grant.

hi and welcome Tony. Nice to have you join, and hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Hello Tony and welcome, what's your system ?
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Anthony.

Sounds like you have found the right place

It would be interesting to see your system.

Enjoy
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

Hi Anthony, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum, you will find many on here who build kit of all sorts.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tony. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to and about the system you use.

DIY projects are popular here. If you have anything on the go, why not start a thread in the Drawing Board section and show us what you're doing?

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Anthony.

Hello again to all!! Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

I know this sounds ridiculous... but my current system consists of a Heathkit AA-32 pre/power amp, Heathkit AJ-44 tuner, a Marantz 5220 and a Technics SL1500 turntable. We spin a lot of vinyl in the lounge area of our shop on this system. It is a low wattage setup but the AA-32 sounds incredible on the home made speakers that we use. I'm looking to set up another bigger system for movie watching and such. I tend to be a tube nerd and want to start the other system with a McIntosh tube preamp, maybe a C-20...

Right now I have two major projects - a Krell KSA200 and a McIntosh MC2300. The McIntosh just needs a couple of driver board components replaced... the Krell needs to be biased. Does anyone know any info on the bias procedure?

Tony

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Tony,

Heathkit - now there's a name from the past. What sort of music do you like to listen to through your system?

Enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

I'm Anthony.

Listening to lots of blues and classic rock from the 60s up through the 80s...

Btw... where do I post questions about something like the Krell KSA200 Bias proceedure?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast