+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecting a Turntable to a TV

I'm Richard.

^^^this
    TV ON, on the AV Input assigned to these ports

nigsy116 Guest

Not home until Friday now. So will have another play with it then.

Thanks all.

nigsy116 Guest

OK. Tried the turn table on another TV with L/R audio connectors and it still doesn't work; I'm guessing the TV is looking for a video signal as well. Not sure what the answer is now without buying a dedicated pair of speakers for the record player.
    Might try getting a composite to HDMI conversion lead see if that will trick the TV into allowing play through?

I'm Richard.

let me try this I need to pull out some old gear to plug into my TV

I'm Richard.

OK, so I pull out my analogue adaptor to be able to plug RCA to my Panasonic TX-50AX802B
    So I have connected just audio RCA cable from my CDP into TV, switched to appropriate AV, AV2 in this case and I playing music from CDP on TV speakers

So I believe you doing something wrong or your TV is broken on that input or your TT does not have built in pre-amp or is broken
    I can't tell which is your case, you need to test yourself I am afraid

To be honest I never heard of video signal detection on composite inputs so it wont be that

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    OK, so I pull out my analogue adaptor to be able to plug RCA to my Panasonic TX-50AX802B
    So I have connected just audio RCA cable from my CDP into TV, switched to appropriate AV, AV2 in this case and I playing music from CDP on TV speakers

So I believe you doing something wrong or your TV is broken on that input or your TT does not have built in pre-amp or is broken
    I can't tell which is your case, you need to test yourself I am afraid

To be honest I never heard of video signal detection on composite inputs so it wont be that
    That was only a guess, not gospel. Me trying to think why it might not be working, when it should.
    Regards Neil

I'm inactive.

I have - frequently ....our current Samsung does the same.
    If I connect up to the composite trio it will only play sound if there is a video signal present, without a video signal it will not select that channel. Fortunately ours still had a separate RCA sound input when we bought it but looking at the specs for the OP's model there is no option for that (one thing putting me off updating ours

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    I have - frequently ....our current Samsung does the same.
    If I connect up to the composite trio it will only play sound if there is a video signal present, without a video signal it will not select that channel. Fortunately ours still had a separate RCA sound input when we bought it but looking at the specs for the OP's model there is no option for that (one thing putting me off updating ours
    So are you saying here that when you turn ON your TV and you switched it to the AV input which have these analogue AV inputs assigned to it does not play sound if there is no video signal?

nigsy116 Guest

So are you saying here that when you turn ON your TV and you switched it to the AV input which have these analogue AV inputs assigned to it does not play sound if there is no video signal?
    That's exactly what happens. Plug in the L/R audio, select the correct input on the TV and you get 'Weak no signal' message; there are no options in settings to configure the input apart from telling the TV the type of device you are trying to connect. All the options you can configure include some kind of video signal. I've ordered a cheap component to HDMI converter off ebay see if I can trick the TV into playing the turntable source.
    The pre amp is working on the turntable as I can plug it into my old Fergusson radio / tape recorder and it plays.

Need to now explain to the wifelet that after spending a fortune on a new TV and Sonos system I now need another £400 for speakers for the turntable!

I'm Grant.

Have you tried another audio source like a cd player. Or try a dvd signal if you have one with same plugs with some video and see if it works
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast