+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecting a Turntable to a TV

nigsy116 Guest

Default Connecting a Turntable to a TV

Hi all;

1st post here so hopefully in the right forum; appologies if not.

I have a Sony PS-LX300USB turntable (supposed to have built in pre-amp stage) and a new Samsung 48" curved 4k TV - UE48JU6500KXXU.

The TV has L/R audio inputs on the rear but when I connect the turntable all i get is a 'weak / no signal' message. I wonder if this is even possible or is the TV also looking for a video input and ignoring the audio stream?

The TV sound outputs to a Sonos system via optical; just in case any one was wondering why I would want to listen to vinyl on TV speakers!!

I'm Richard.

are you sure you have RCA audio Inputs?
    Can you take a photo of the rear connection panel a post it?

edit: and if so on what Input are these? AV?

I'm Johan.

There is a button on the rear of the tt. It lets you switch between "line" and "phono". Make sure it is set to "line".

I'm Grant.

Not sure this tv has audio rca inputs... Its not mentioned
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Not sure this tv has audio rca inputs... Its not mentioned
    Its not unheard of, composite or SVHS input and left and right RCA ins for that video connection, but it is less common these days, more common for there to be an audio out.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Think it mentioned componet in... But if the tt has a switch for bypassingvthe internal amp then that sounds like its the likely culprit
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

nigsy116 Guest

Here's an image of the back pannel inputs. I'm assuming the bottom 2 are L/R in?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...VlLeUZRNWktbU0

Work firewall won't allow me to upload image

nigsy116 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kvaal View Post
    There is a button on the rear of the tt. It lets you switch between "line" and "phono". Make sure it is set to "line".
    Yep tried both.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Think it mentioned componet in... But if the tt has a switch for bypassingvthe internal amp then that sounds like its the likely culprit
    So there will be a sound element for that video input. I think you are probably right.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by nigsy116 View Post
    Yep tried both.
    The TV will need to be switched to the correct input. If it is, I guess there might be a set up option in a menu in the TV. That might need tweaking. It should work. If not then maybe a video signal needs to be sensed on that input for it to work, but if so I haven't come across that before.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast