Hi all,
After trying in vain to find a black box UPnP renderer device which can sit between my UPnP control points and the DAC, for a reasonable price (<£100), and capable of playing gapless playlists, I have today splashed out on an Android device (in a black box, as it happens) for £30. It comes with Kodi on it, which claims to be a UPnP renderer, but I have great faith in Bubble UPnP for Android which I have tested on other Android devices (e.g. my phone). Will report back, since I haven't seen mention of this approach on this forum. There does seem to be some experience of Raspberry Pi in the forum, but I am reluctant to start with another operating system when I already know my way around Windows and Android. I really wanted a black box which doesn't require any setup or maintenance, but that seems to be too fanciful.

Regarding jazz, I don't have rules about what to listen to, but if I analyse the space taken up in my library, the top 6 artists are Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, Herbie Hancock, Charles Mingus, McCoy Tyner, and Van Morrison. Van isn't everybody's idea of jazz, but then I said there are no rules. No 17 is Mahler. Where do people go on this forum to argue about jazz not being what it used to be? Or what is or isn't jazz?

It's good to find a place to rant about these things.
Cheers,
Guy