View Poll Results: Would you like to have a reward system?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.89%
  • No

35 92.11%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding this forum

I'm Kevin.

By the way Richard - are you are aware that a rating system already exists here?
    The "Rate this thread" link near the top of this page will do what you want.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    I dont understand the point but fair enough
    Nice day and chat about ...ahmm..not sure what
    You can't expect a discussion to end just like that. Your point had interest to some and maybe further comment will be forthcoming.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Ah, that's interesting.
    I might well give PFM another go -- I'll see if the 'right' people have been booted!
    Lol - well for me, most of them have. There are still a few belligerent idiots there, but every forum has some. IMO, the vibe over on pfm now is so much better than it used to be, and hi-fi topics are now no longer almost immediately derailed by the 'agenda monkeys'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

So Basicaly, instead of giving a real reply, we resort to the equivilent of text messaging!
    Where we are not interested in the slightest in having a conversation with the recipient, just want to get our message across, Because that's the way i feel about those who use texting on a regular basis to comunicate, and IMHO the reason many youngsters have no idea how to engage in real world conversations, when face to face with the recipient.
    Yes, lets go that way!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Martin.

It's all a bit 'Facebook' isn't it?

This is a community site first, a resource second. Although it is a good resource.

We should be using the internet to facilitate normal, face to face contact, not to replace it. You get these youngsters 'texting' to each other even when they are sat in the same room. What's that all about?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Richard, if you want to find out if a particular subject has been discussed, then just use the 'Search' facility at the top right corner and enter in the appropriate 'keywords'. If you can't find what you want, or feel your question hasn't been answered to your satisfaction, then start a new thread and state exactly your query.

A good amount of factual (and largely technical) information has been lodged in The Knowledge. This is a valuable resource and is continually updated and added to.

Apart from some occasional thread drift, most threads remain on track and an acknowledgment of the usefulness of a reply, when appropriate, is what keeps this
    forum the friendly place it is.
    Barry

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    and hi-fi topics are now longer almost immediately derailed by the 'agenda monkeys'.

Marco.
    ITYM 'no longer almost immediately derailed'!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... No it isn't, Richard. Perhaps, that's simply your perception? I know where you're coming from, but the reality is that AoS is choc-full of very experienced audiophiles/music lovers and there are also a number of genuine experts in their field
    And there's me, of course, but no forum's perfect.

I'm Richard.

My comment about it being social is similar to Macca's comment. I know there are technical, helpful people here (hello Firebottle), but that isn't immediately obvious. Unlike say, diyAudio or Vinyl Engine. And as for the pfm comment, when did it change? I am talking about maybe a month ago. I don't know what it was like in the past.
    I'm not complaining about any of the fora, just giving my perceptions. I use all of them as needed.
    ABD.

I'm Rob.

I stopped reading at the end of the first page.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast