View Poll Results: Would you like to have a reward system?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.89%
  • No

35 92.11%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding this forum

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    If you had a thank you button you could have saved 20 seconds there.
    no he could save me to scroll page down

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    you can clearly see on 1st post how big the reputation is actually much better and more clear than reading 3 pages of replies ...
    Not really.

I would have to go back to the post to see if it had been awarded anything - usually I am looking for the next post.
    Jerry

Main systems:
    Spotify Premium streaming, Cambridge Audio 851D DAC, Pure Sound L10 pre, Pass X150 power amp. Speakers: MBL 116F. Cryo Silver i/c & Western Electric 16GA spkr cables. ProJect and Nordost Magus power cables

Headphones: Fostex T50RP mk3, AKG 551, B&O H6, PSB M4U-1, B&O Form 2 & 2a and Sony XBA-H1 & SoundMagic E50 IEM headphones

2nd system: Spotify Premium streaming / Pioneer DV-535, Audiolab MDAC, Black Cat power amp, Chario Syntar 100T speakers. Headphones: Fostex T50RP mk3, SoundMagic E10 IEM headphones

3rd system: Portable CD player, Kinter MA-180 T amp, Klegg Symphony 102 speakers

I'm Richard.

It's more of a social medium, rather than technical.
    Obviously I am in wrong place than as I looking for information and not dating site :P

I'm Jerry.

I'm sure Marco will put on his pink tutu for you if you want to meet up.
    Jerry

Main systems:
    Spotify Premium streaming, Cambridge Audio 851D DAC, Pure Sound L10 pre, Pass X150 power amp. Speakers: MBL 116F. Cryo Silver i/c & Western Electric 16GA spkr cables. ProJect and Nordost Magus power cables

Headphones: Fostex T50RP mk3, AKG 551, B&O H6, PSB M4U-1, B&O Form 2 & 2a and Sony XBA-H1 & SoundMagic E50 IEM headphones

2nd system: Spotify Premium streaming / Pioneer DV-535, Audiolab MDAC, Black Cat power amp, Chario Syntar 100T speakers. Headphones: Fostex T50RP mk3, SoundMagic E10 IEM headphones

3rd system: Portable CD player, Kinter MA-180 T amp, Klegg Symphony 102 speakers

I'm Grant.

I was on a sports site that used rep points and tbh there was some amount of clique repping went on...likes as well. When the cliques got outdone by the norms they then demanded all were reset to 0 as they were behind.... It was a farce as i had the most and wasnt in a clique lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95SA Shibata, SHURE N55 SAS, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Richard, I think you may be misunderstanding the ethos or mood of this forum. It's more of a social medium, rather than technical.
    Lol... No it isn't, Richard. Perhaps, that's simply your perception? I know where you're coming from, but the reality is that AoS is choc-full of very experienced audiophiles/music lovers and there are also a number of genuine experts in their field, who technically know their stuff and are on hand and willing to help any members who need it.

However, that advice/expertise is framed within a community of genuinely nice people, which creates the friendly and informal vibe that AoS is renowned for.

I think that's perhaps where you're getting the "social medium" aspect from. I dislike the rather 'cold' and detached atmosphere that exists on other forums, where often you feel as if you're interacting more with a 'computer-generated entity' than a fellow human being. So the 'warm & cosy' vibe on AoS, created to contrast that, is entirely deliberate and a big part of what the forum is about.

pfm for circular arguments..
    I think that's rather unfair now on pfm and doesn't reflect the reality. Since Tony's booted a number of long-time selfish irritants, who were simply there because they enjoyed a (circular) argument and to ram home their 'opinions', to the detriment of others, pfm has vastly improved in that respect, and is now, IMO, a very good and informative forum. It's certainly the only other forum I read other than here.

You could make AOS more efficient and streamlined, but then what would Marco have left to do? Leave it as it is, I say.
    Lol... Indeed, can't have me 'wearying'!

However, I think that "efficient and streamlined" somewhat misses the point. We like to think that the forum is well run, but things happen 'organically' here, rather than in a structured or regimented manner, which Richard (the OP) appears to want, and given his background in computing (and his associated analytical brain) that is not entirely surprising

Hopefully, Richard will understand what I mean by that. So we won't be introducing any 'reputation system' here (not least because of what Grant has outlined in relation to cliques), even though I fully appreciate and understand Richard's reasons for requesting such, as I feel it would detract from what makes AoS uniquely AoS, and the 'organic spontaneity' that makes it special.

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Richard.

In this case we can close this thread as it will not serve any purpose from now
    Thank you all

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... What are you like?

You seem to want to impose 'control' on things. Not everything is so quickly 'done and dusted'. What if others have something else they want to say on the subject? Therefore, the thread will remain open to allow for that. Indeed, we only close threads here in exceptional circumstances, usually only to stop circular arguments.

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Richard.

I dont understand the point but fair enough
    Nice day and chat about ...ahmm..not sure what

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think that's rather unfair now on pfm and doesn't reflect the reality. Since Tony's booted a number of long-time selfish irritants, who were simply there because they enjoyed a (circular) argument and to ram home their 'opinions', to the detriment of others, pfm has vastly improved in that respect, and is now, IMO, a very good and informative forum. It's certainly the only other forum I read other than here.
    Ah, that's interesting.
    I might well give PFM another go -- I'll see if the 'right' people have been booted!
    Jerry

Main systems:

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast