View Poll Results: Would you like to have a reward system?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.89%
  • No

35 92.11%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding this forum

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    If it is anything like the rep system on Wigwam I'd say "no thanks". Whilst it's not always the case, some of the highest rated people are only there because they have a coterie of followers who simply agree with whatever they say. Often they are rude and dismissive to any outsider and their rep is the opposite of their actual usefulness and helpfulness. Of course, this is a different forum, but my feeling is that this system breeds bullies and sycophants by encouraging cliques and mutual back slapping.

Just my view of course.
    Not just yours.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    If there was a rule saying that all posts had to have some informative or technical value then I for one would probably have to stop posting here, which would be a shame.
    no you can post what ever you like if it comply with rules but whats the point posting a reply with message "Thanks" What this gives me, as a user searching something???

I'm gone.

a post saying thanks or "I agree" shows that there is backing/support for the original post.
    A rep or award will probably not be seen or noticed by most people and so would not convey that information to the AOS community and would be largely wasted.

I'm Richard.

Richard, I think you may be misunderstanding the ethos or mood of this forum. It's more of a social medium, rather than technical. Taking time to thank people fits in nicely, although there is help available if you need it. I use various fora for different things; the 'Wam for bake-offs, diyAudio for building stuff, pfm for circular arguments, Audio Asylum for US based questions, Vinyl Engine, Lenco Heaven, etc.
    You could make AOS more efficient and streamlined, but then what would Marco have left to do? Leave it as it is, I say.
    ABD.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    no you can post what ever you like
    Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Thanks
    If you had a thank you button you could have saved 20 seconds there.
    ABD.

I'm Geoff.

you can post what ever you like if it comply with rules
    Correct. Common sense and courtesy apply of course. The occasional bit of discord happens, but is moderated efficiently as need be.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    a post saying thanks or "I agree" shows that there is backing/support for the original post.
    A rep or award will probably not be seen or noticed by most people and so would not convey that information to the AOS community and would be largely wasted.
    you can clearly see on 1st post how big the reputation is actually much better and more clear than reading 3 pages of replies ...

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    If you had a thank you button you could have saved 20 seconds there.
    Thanks

I'm bob.

you can clearly see on 1st post how big the reputation is actually much better and more clear than reading 3 pages of replies ...

Actually I rather like this idea.

Marco, can we have as system where we can draw big blue arrows onto the posts that we like please?

Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast