View Poll Results: Would you like to have a reward system?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.89%
  • No

35 92.11%
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Regarding this forum

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, because it's an 'organic' thing, therefore each situation is judged on its own merit. You cannot apply rigid rules to these things. It's like holding a conversation with someone in real life: things can naturally go off in tangents.

Like I said before, out with of The Knowledge, which is strictly a resource for information, people are allowed as much as possible to be themselves, within the guidelines of our ethos - and if they step outside of that, that's when you'll see the warnings being issued you're referring to.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Unfortunately Joe, there is no yardstick for what may be interpreted as thread drift. I think it's down to the OP generally, to indicate where they feel their thread has been impacted. Of course that threshold will be different for each member.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Unfortunately Joe, there is no yardstick for what may be interpreted as thread drift. I think it's down to the OP generally, to indicate where they feel their thread has been impacted. Of course that threshold will be different for each member.
    Fair enough. I should add that it doesn't actually have much impact on me because I rarely start threads, so don't often feel that 'my' thread has been crapped on.

I think there should be certain 'no-go' areas for thread drift, such as classified ads; otherwise I guess it is, as you say, for the OP to complain if they're bothered by banter about farts or whatever.

Yes, classified ads are more strictly moderated in that respect than others.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but the latter only occurs when someone's taking the piss/being a nuisance. Like Grant says, someone's got to call the shots and stop circular arguments or unwanted behaviour.

Marco.
    The problem is when it's the mods and their mates who are as you put it "taking the piss/being a nuisance".
    Macca acknowledges it happens and recognises a bit more awareness is needed but others seem to think it's being selfish.

I'm Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    As they say in American movies: 'Whaddya gonna do?'

Every forum's got its good and bad points FOR YOU, so if you want to enjoy the former, then you have to put up with the latter. Honestly, you want to try keeping everyone here happy and see how you get on

Marco.
    Yes, there are alway both good and bad points but the latter is now spoiling my enjoyment of the former.

There's nothing wrong with banter but there's a time and a place for it. I now see little point in starting threads when there's a good chance the mods and their mates are going to crap on it to relieve the tedium of life and god forbid if anyone is so selfish as to complain.

I'm Richard.

I bring back the non working notification which I mentioned many posts back.
    Also I really miss some kind of tagging system here (I am not familiar with vBulletin, but there should be a feature built in vBulletin or simple plugin which can be installed). So when ever someone tag a username this shows up in his/her notification bar. And same feature would be good for quotes.
    So in this case I would not need to go through all posts to find one related to me

I'm jamie.

i think you might be better off on facebook mate
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BTH K10A View Post
    Yes, there are alway both good and bad points but the latter is now spoiling my enjoyment of the former.

There's nothing wrong with banter but there's a time and a place for it. I now see little point in starting threads when there's a good chance the mods and their mates are going to crap on it to relieve the tedium of life and god forbid if anyone is so selfish as to complain.
    No-one's stopping you from complaining, Andy, otherwise this section of the forum wouldn't exist. Can't say I've seen much evidence of mods crapping all over your threads, so perhaps you could link to some evidence of what you're referring to, so we can look at it?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm gone.

thread crapping or jolly banter between friends that just happens to occur on someone else's thread?

It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast