View Poll Results: Would you like to have a reward system?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.89%
  • No

35 92.11%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding this forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    The reason being as for me as a new user I do not know how to find the right person who can help.
    I am not sure what you mean by this Richard. There are loads of experts on this forum who are more than happy to help out etc. Why not just post a thread and they would find you. They would comment on that thread if they wanted to, not because they have to. Would you just want to mail them questions?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by this Richard. There are loads of experts on this forum who are more than happy to help out etc. Why not just post a thread and they would find you. They would comment on that thread if they wanted to, not because they have to. Would you just want to mail them questions?
    nope
    I always think out of the box. You looking at this as an User but I see this from other side, like admin.

With this system where people reply just to thank you simply flooding the whole board with tons of messages with no value for anyone, apart from user you thanking you or you liking his/her post.
    All this messages have no value what so ever for others. They just fill the space and make it more difficult for you as a user trying to search for informative stuff. I have to just dig through pages and pages to find posts which actually have some technical or informative value

So posting a new thread without searching is big in the forum etiquette and in most places against the rules. In places where I am administrator or moderator we strictly advice people to search and read before they create new thread.
    So if this is found the thread is merged or post moved and user kindly advice once to not to do so. 2nd time is usually a warning...

And to be honest to search this place is a real nightmare...

I'm bob.

All this messages have no value what so ever for others. They just fill the space and make it more difficult for you as a user trying to search for informative stuff. I have to just dig through pages and pages to find posts which actually have some technical or informative value
    If there was a rule saying that all posts had to have some informative or technical value then I for one would probably have to stop posting here, which would be a shame.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    If there was a rule saying that all posts had to have some informative or technical value then I for one would probably have to stop posting here, which would be a shame.
    no you can post what ever you like if it comply with rules but whats the point posting a reply with message "Thanks" What this gives me, as a user searching something???

I'm bob.

no you can post what ever you like
    Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    Thanks
    If you had a thank you button you could have saved 20 seconds there.
    ABD.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Thanks

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    no he could save me to scroll page down

I'm Geoff.

you can post what ever you like if it comply with rules
    Correct. Common sense and courtesy apply of course. The occasional bit of discord happens, but is moderated efficiently as need be.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Sam.

And to be honest to search this place is a real nightmare...
    I tend to use google for searching forums as forum search functions aren't particularly as good, especially some forum software where you can't seem to search for phrases, only getting results for each individual word in any context!

Maybe people don't know this google search method? You use the "site" function and a search looks like this:

Apples and pairs site:theartofsound.net

Note that there's no space between "site", ":" or the domain name.

That will search any page in the artofsound.net domain (including any subdomains, though for theartofsound.net there is only the "www" subdomain) for the words "apples", "and", and "pairs" .

Because it's Google, you can then use other boolean terms and characters. So to search for the whole phrase "Apple and Pairs" on AOS, you type:

"Apple and Pairs" site:theartofsound.net

or you want "apple" and "pairs" on the same page you can use:

apple NEAR pairs site:theartofsound.net

or

apple AND pairs site:theartofsound.net

etc etc ect

(sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs with google!).

So there should never really be any problem searching any website or forum, just use google instead of the forum's own search facilities.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast