+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Knocking On a Bit?

I'm Geoff.

I used to call those GBP's. (great, bloated pigs )

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    various reasons.. depression, a lack of self respect, a, ive got my man and sprog, so no need to try anymore....take yir pick
    Taking (post-natal) depression out of the equation, which isn't nice and often unavoidable for women, the last bit for me is inexcusable [sheer laziness], particularly if you want to hang onto your man (or indeed woman), or otherwise they start looking for 'greener grass' elsewhere, basically because the relationship has been developed under false pretenses....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

was at tesco today.. was a big fat bint, dragging her man around...he was dressed in those loose baggy track suits, but this one was in army camouflage and twice his size... what a sight..
    Ha - I've seen that shit... Utterly hilarious! Not so much the fat bint, but the gormless excuse of a 'man' putting up with it!!! Grow some balls, ya wimp!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I used to call those GBP's. (great, bloated pigs )

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

A trip to the supermarket and the shops is like a day out for some couples. Personally I couldn't imagine living that sort of life but they seem perfectly happy with it so what do I know?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Nothing wrong with a trip to the supermarket or going shopping together, as Del and I do it all the time (though we never see food shopping as a day out, which would be rather sad), but the point is, neither of us are each other's lapdog, to be 'dragged around' anywhere....

We go places together, because we BOTH want to do it, otherwise it doesn't happen. Or, the one who wants to do it does it with their friends, who are like-minded. Neither of us would be forced into going somewhere we didn't want to go, unless it was completely unavoidable.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nothing wrong with going to the supermarket or shopping together (though we don't see it as a day out, which would just be sad), as Del and I do it all the time, but neither of us are each other's subservient lapdog, to be 'dragged around' anywhere....

Marco.
    quite a lot tell hubby to put that back in a loud voice too.. id crucify my wife if she tried that on.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

quite a lot tell hubby to put that back in a loud voice too.. id crucify my wife if she tried that on.
    I can't even imagine being a bloke like that.

id crucify my wife if she tried that on.
    Lol - same here, and vice versa with her, if it was me! The problem is, too many men simply want their wives/partners to be glorified 'mother figures', so put up with shit like that.

Can you believe some of them get them to buy their clothes, too? 'Dress me, mummy'... Mind you, you can tell by looking at the state of some of them wandering about!

I know what Del would do if I asked her to go out and buy me some clothes!!!

'Fukkin go and do it yourself, ya lazy bassa', or words to that effect.....

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nothing wrong with a trip to the supermarket or going shopping together, as Del and I do it all the time
    No, couldn't do it. I did do it once but in fairness to my bird at the time she did rush round as she knew I couldn't deal with it. One of the things she had to buy was bras and she was in such a hurry when we got back she discovered she had bought a pack of training bras for 10 year olds.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast