Closed Thread
Page 233 of 1039 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 10389

Thread: Bargains on ebay?

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I have never found an out of spec capacitor in DM1, DM2, DM2a, DM3, DM4, DM5 all of which I have and several pairs of some. The inductors are of good quality and as long as the connections to the binding post are clean and tight, nothing wrong with them either.

Some other B&W speakers use reversible electrolytic capacitors, those will probably need replacing, certainly if over 10 years old.
    One other thought, the HF1300 level selector switch contacts on the DM2a's can sometimes benefit from the use off a little good switch cleaner/ lubricant such as Servisol Super 10. The two switches on the DM3 also.
    Last edited by spendorman; 11-09-2011 at 09:06.
    Spendorman

I'm Mark.

The crossovers on my scruffy, just for spares, DM2's have DM2a written on the crossover, but have no switch. I was thinking of using them. Alternatively I could just bypass the switch, as I have it in the middle position.
    I think the pre-amp maybe the weak link in the system at the moment. So that might be sorted before playing around with anything else.
    And I've got to finish off my tt power supply.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    The crossovers on my scruffy, just for spares, DM2's have DM2a written on the crossover, but have no switch. I was thinking of using them. Alternatively I could just bypass the switch, as I have it in the middle position.
    I think the pre-amp maybe the weak link in the system at the moment. So that might be sorted before playing around with anything else.
    And I've got to finish off my tt power supply.
    There were some strange mixes of DM2 and DM2a. I have two pairs of DM2a's that are marked DM2 on the back, but have the DM2a switch and came with DM2a instruction booklets.

The crossovers for the speakers with the switch and without the switch slightly are different. There are some component value changes. Also the HF1300 is connected electrically in phase in one, but out of phase in the other. Forget which is which, would have to check the circuit diagrams.

I have recently give a pair of DM2's (no 1300 level) switch to a good friend. He is delighted with the sound of them. He also has Quad ESL63's, Tannoy Chatsworths, some AR's (forget which) Small vintage MS and several others. Incidentally, his dad was Technical Manager at Vitavox.
    Spendorman

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Some other B&W speakers use reversible electrolytic capacitors, those will probably need replacing, certainly if over 10 years old.
    The 'D5' ELCAP's deffo need swapping out as does the wiring
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 20-09-2011 at 14:35.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The 'D5' ELCAP's deffo need swapping out as does the wiring
    Would be interesting to measure them. They could well be the reason the tweeters failed.
    Spendorman

I'm Nobody.

Could well be, i think they will be better with the Audax 'TW025A0' tweeters fitted in their place.

I'm Lee.

Not eBay but my local cash converters has two technics SL1210 mk2's for £145 each. No cartridge. I know nothing more than that I'm afraid.

I'm not interested but post it here in case anyone is.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Not eBay but my local cash converters has two technics SL1210 mk2's for £145 each. No cartridge. I know nothing more than that I'm afraid.

I'm not interested but post it here in case anyone is.
    Southampton, eh - is that the one in Shirley?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Lee.

No. Totton.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Josie.

TANNOY MONITOR GOLD 12" LANCASTERS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Mon...#ht_499wt_1159

<£1000? - Bloody bargain!!!!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Closed Thread