Closed Thread
Page 2 of 1039 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargains on ebay?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

VERY demanding little diva's these AE's. It's easy to get 'em wrong, but I agree they can sing if matched carefully..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The way I read the info on that listing someone won on the basis of a PC sniper program; not a lucky bid.

Hate bloody snipers. Nothing wrong in trying yourself, but using a PC program is cheating (sore looser typing here )

Sounds to me Greg that you got a badly aligned Troughline and decoder. Badly matched is not that good, but get them aligned or be lucky when buying the two as I was (bought from Retro Reproductions in Edinburgh) and IMHO/E the combination is magical....however the Japs are coming in a future write up for SOG...will it still be that the case that the Troughline is king ? Answer very soon...I promise....bloody Sansui not coming has buggered the schedule up.

I've been waiting now for 2 months for a Sansui tuner and I think now I have been feed a line about illness in the family etc. I spoke to a Police friend today and at the end of this week I will be passing all the details on to the police in this sellers area...my patience is over.

E-Bay is a very murky pond....don't let the 45 days expire...no matter how plausible the seller and their story is, file the claim and apologise later.

Regards D S D L

Hi Guys

Update on this problem. No phone call from seller still, but I now have a refund in my account for the full amount and a few quid more for my hassle. I have sent an E-Mail reply and left 2 phone messages of thanks, but I am confused as to what happened...I hope he replies to my E-mail/phone calls as I hate a mystery.

Thank you Anthony EEVO1969

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Nobody.

I hate E-Bay selling. I sucessfull sell lots of suff of value as i swap Hi-Fi gear (upto recently) like i change underkecks..Even though i try to describe the item down to the last detail i always have it in the back of my mind that someone is going to pull a fast one in some way & try claim there moneys back..Both Fleece Bay & the other half have a really really wierd way of sorting things out & often side for the wrong party.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I hate E-Bay selling. I sucessfull sell lots of suff of value as i swap Hi-Fi gear (upto recently) like i change underkecks..Even though i try to describe the item down to the last detail i always have it in the back of my mind that someone is going to pull a fast one in some way & try claim there moneys back..Both Fleece Bay & the other half have a really really wierd way of sorting things out & often side for the wrong party.
    In my case E-Bay did not help at all. The threat of the Police brought me the refund (I think). I just don't understand why he could not phone or E-Mail me...anyway its over now.

Never again, though will I let the 45 days pass no matter how plausible the excuses are.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Hi Guys

Update on this problem. No phone call from seller still, but I now have a refund in my account for the full amount and a few quid more for my hassle. I have sent an E-Mail reply and left 2 phone messages of thanks, but I am confused as to what happened...I hope he replies to my E-mail/phone calls as I hate a mystery.

Thank you Anthony EEVO1969

Regards D S D L
    Neil, Just take the money and run! Are you any nearer to resolving the situation with the Sony tuner?

Regards
    Barry

Sony tuner?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Neil, Just take the money and run! Are you any nearer to resolving the situation with the Sony tuner?

Regards
    Hi Barry

No the Sony tuner (5150) is a scrapper, stereo decoder stuffed. I don't want to discuss the seller here in the open.

Both these listings date from the same period and both went wrong, though for very different reasons. Both caused me a lot of grief and stress. One resolved...with a refund, one not (the one you ask about)..the price to try and resolve it would be to high, I value my skin to much to risk it over £21.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Nobody.

Well i'm still gob smaked with the Hydraulic Refrence with fluid arm that went for 50 notes, if that seller goes thru with the sale he's nuts.

I'm Shaun.

I'm very wary of selling through ebay. Last year I sold a Pentax 67 camera to a guy in France who informed me that it had arrived smashed. I told him to return the camera to me for inspection and that I would then issue a refund. 24 hours later I got positive feedback...! I guess the bastard not only wanted the camera but his money back as well...!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I'm very wary of selling through ebay. Last year I sold a Pentax 67 camera to a guy in France who informed me that it had arrived smashed. I told him to return the camera to me for inspection and that I would then issue a refund. 24 hours later I got positive feedback...! I guess the bastard not only wanted the camera but his money back as well...!

That sort of thing does seem to happen, often, or at least there are enough stories floating around to seem to confirm that.

My biggest issue with E-bay is lack of communication when things go wrong. It seems that sellers just want to bury their heads and hope the problem goes away. All my recent problems have a lack of/or poor communications at there root. Everything could have been worked out had the sellers in question replied quickly to my messages/E-Mails and in one case my problems would not have even started if the seller had responded to my communication at the start.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Closed Thread