+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quad 33 servicing

I'm David.

Default Quad 33 servicing

I've just bought a Quad 33 at a very good price on another forum.
    Aside from Quad themselves I know there are a number of companies that can service and update/upgrade Quad 33s. If any members have any experience or are able recommend a company their advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Have you looked at NET Audio?

http://www.net-audio.co.uk

I believe André (The Barbarian) has experience of their work with the Quad Series 3 electronics, and I have a Quad 405-2 fitted with the NET dual mono power supply.
    Barry

I'm Andr'e.

Not their work as i do everything myself, but i did stuff a '33'/'303' full of their boards.. This '33'/'303' im using now is all totally original boards just rebuilt part for part..

I'm James.

I've always heard that Quads service charges are one of the most reasonable in the industry ? If you consider long term re-sale value I think thats the only way to go.

I think "BakersAudio" also refurb 33's & will carry out any upgrades you might want doing... Not sure on pricing though.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    I've always heard that Quads service charges are one of the most reasonable in the industry ? If you consider long term re-sale value I think thats the only way to go.

I think "BakersAudio" also refurb 33's & will carry out any upgrades you might want doing... Not sure on pricing though.
    From what I've read on the BakerAudio website they no longer fully support the 33. I've had the full 303 mod carried out by Net Audio and have been very pleased with the results (if not the process). I think they just sell the boards for the 33, and I'm not a DIYer. A number of other companies offer servicing and mods but they all seem to be different, making it difficult to compare like for like.

I'm Andr'e.

As you got a fully modded Net '303' ..send the '33' into net get the boards fitted you wont need to service the thing really just a matter of servicing the pots & switches which anyone could do..

+ Reply to Thread