+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd hand CD player

I'm Richard.

Default 2nd hand CD player

Hi guys,

Anyone can suggest decent 2nd hand CD player please? Or maybe someone here sell something? I looking for something really cheap
    thx

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The below are fairly cheap - I don't know how cheap is cheap to you..

Arcam Alpha 7se, 8 or preferably 8se or 9. FMJ replacements are good as well. Alpha 5 is too old now really, but is updateable by Avondale Audio and it has a good mechanism.

Denon 1015 - surprising if you can find one and the current 520 is excellent and basically 'honest' in sound.

MF original X-CD, but they go for more than they're really worth now as things have improved somewhat in low cost players.

Rega (original) Planet is a very trusted used buy - use with Klotz interconnects and you won't go wrong as the music comes before the 'HiFi.'

Loads of others obviously, but these I know well.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The below are fairly cheap - I don't know how cheap is cheap to you..

Arcam Alpha 7se, 8 or preferably 8se or 9. FMJ replacements are good as well. Alpha 5 is too old now really, but is updateable by Avondale Audio and it has a good mechanism.

Denon 1015 - surprising if you can find one and the current 520 is excellent and basically 'honest' in sound.

MF original X-CD, but they go for more than they're really worth now as things have improved somewhat in low cost players.

Rega (original) Planet is a very trusted used buy - use with Klotz interconnects and you won't go wrong as the music comes before the 'HiFi.'

Loads of others obviously, but these I know well.
    thx

Nice selection...
    But I looking for something cheaper than those I would say below £50
    There is this Arcam CD62 but something is not right with it, so wondering if its worth the risk..
    http://goo.gl/a7nKoV

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Less than fifty notes? Most will be second-rate plastic jobbies I fear. Sony and Technics (Mash) players may be a good buy though, but it's pot luck here. Maybe a Rotel 855 is down to this price now?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Less than fifty notes? Most will be second-rate plastic jobbies I fear. Sony and Technics (Mash) players may be a good buy though, but it's pot luck here. Maybe a Rotel 855 is down to this price now?

hmm...I do not really want to spend much for CD as I barely use it these days...most of the time I play vinyl or Tidal HiFi or locally stored FLAC/WAV albums

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

I paid £35 for my CDP off fleabay, it's quite good, apparently the 590 was worse, but I only heard about that I haven't tried one.

cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm James.

Theres a yamaha cdx 460 ont bay, £29 no bids and an hr to go, never used one mind
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm alan.

I have a Marantz CD52 SE you can have for 35 quid including UPS,if i can find a box for it.C/W remote.
    Revox B795,NVA Phono 1,Teac PD H500C,SB Touch,Mark Grant Linear PSU,Bushmaster MkII,NVA AP70,IPL LS3TLM.Royd Minstrels.

I'm Sam.

Get a Philips CD753. £15 - £30 on ebay or the kind of thing people will throw out or give away on freecycle. But pretty good sounding and recommended as a bit of a bargain for a budget player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast