+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AOS-recommended SPPV products - just an idea for a sticky?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    NVA and Mark Grant will be added later.
    Not NVA.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Second that. They're good value.
    Well, I guess that raises the question as to how many members of AoS have to think something is good value for it to qualify because I thought the SSC to be very average/poor. Now admittedly it isn't a very expensive interconnect but just because something is cheap it isn't necessarily good value.
    Account Deleted

I'm rupert.

does DIY equipment qualify ? If so, it would probably trump ( no pun intended ) everything in the list relative to value for money.

I'm Simon.

Like the idea of the thread in relation to SPPV but the ''endorsing'' products I personally think is not needed and will only open a can of worms at some point. Nowt wrong with members nominating products and discussing but I think posting it as ''endorsed'' by the forum/Mods/or whoever is not really needed. Unless I'm missing the point here?

I'm rupert.

+1

I would be concerned about organizing a pi$$ up in a brewery for AoS members. There would be a massive disagreement about which brewery, the types of beers, and about the folks who have no means of transport.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    does DIY equipment qualify ? If so, it would probably trump ( no pun intended ) everything in the list relative to value for money.
    Hi Rupert,

It does, but to make the exercise worthwhile, it would have to be stuff that's been subjected to significant scrutiny, in terms of its efficacy, and currently used, discussed and recommended on the forum by a significant number of members.

One-off items, used by only a handful of folks, wouldn't qualify. Think of stuff on the level of popularity of, say, the Klotz MC-5000 cables, Arkless/Firebottle/Beresford products, or the Raspberry Pi

The best example of all, of an 'AoS-endorsed' product, is the MC-5000 cables (with MS Audio plugs), simply because they were 'born' from a collective effort by AoS members, and weren't part of any manufacturer's product range, commercial or otherwise, so ideally, we'd like to see more of that!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Like the idea of the thread in relation to SPPV but the ''endorsing'' products I personally think is not needed and will only open a can of worms at some point. Nowt wrong with members nominating products and discussing but I think posting it as ''endorsed'' by the forum/Mods/or whoever is not really needed. Unless I'm missing the point here?
    Hi Simon,

The 'endorsement', as such, comes from the AoS community, as a whole: established products, tried and tested by members as offering the highest SPPV. It's not solely (and in fact very little) a mods or admin thing

As such, the list could be referred to and used by those seeking recommendations for a specific product, thus they can view them 'at a glance' on this thread (once it becomes a sticky), without having to trawl through the various sections of the forum, looking for recommendations on DACs, streamers, power supplies, cables or whatever.

It could certainly be used to pique interest in a specific product, and then those interested could search the archives for detailed discussion of the item(s) concerned. I think it's usefulness therefore, in that respect, is very real.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm rupert.

ok, so we have one genuine AoS "designed - produced - built - tested - endorsed" (AoS / DPBTE) product well, that's a start.. ... just joking man ! no offense.

Lol.... It would be great if we could come up with more

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast