+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: AOS-recommended SPPV products - just an idea for a sticky?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, I'd also go with the 'Worthy of Consideration' thing

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I think what James meant was:
    .... to build a system by using a short cut to tried, tested and proven products ......
    Cheers Alan/Marco,

I was using phone to type and with predictive text and fat fingers it all went a bit nonsensical!

Thanks for the correction.😄
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Mark, yes, IPADitis struck I should have used the word "open". I shall add Flashblack cables, any one in particular, and how much did it cost?
    The two I use are both from Flasback's Premiere range and are custom in that they have non-standard terminations (Flashback are happy to customise a cable at minimal extra cost). A metre cable of Premiere is about £43.00 but most of their cables are half that price. Flashback are particularly good if you are looking for Naim or Quad leads but can do pretty much anything.
    Account Deleted

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON
    Barry, OK, I'll add the G1000HD. Can you stipulate which Flashback cable you've tried and the cost. I'll add that as well.
    I don't remember exactly - there were a couple of DIN plug terminated leads for Quad equipment and an attenuating lead for use with CD players. I'll look at the Flashback site to remind me and get back to you.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The two I use are both from Flasback's Premiere range and are custom in that they have non-standard terminations (Flashback are happy to customise a cable at minimal extra cost). A metre cable of Premiere is about £43.00 but most of their cables are half that price. Flashback are particularly good if you are looking for Naim or Quad leads but can do pretty much anything.
    Thanks, cables added.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't remember exactly - there were a couple of DIN plug terminated leads for Quad equipment and an attenuating lead for use with CD players. I'll look at the Flashback site to remind me and get back to you.
    I'll add these when you get back to me Barry.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Flashback IC's added.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Deleted.

I use a Witch Hat Audio 'HatPin' (HP5) Snaic replacement between my Naim pre-amp and my modified Naim Hi-Cap power supply - works very well and sounds noticeably more open than Naim's Black Snaic - cost is £119.99.

Ryan Sound Labs make superb replacement boards that massively upgrade the internals of Naim 'shoe box' pre-amps - prices vary depending on the variations chosen (can also add remote volume control). Avondale Audio and Neil Jadman also make alternative board replacements that are different but also work well.
    Account Deleted

I'm Neil.

Lossless streaming.

My own experience with downloading started with Audiogalaxy in 1998, taking 5 minutes to download each song, listening to it though computer speakers. It wasn't HiFi, but it was revolutionary for music discovery.

As time went on I got a HagUSB, which was the first time that computer audio started to get close to using CD transports. More time goes on, we now have broadband, lossless streaming, and asynchronous USB - my Halide Bridge finally made me stop using mechanical transports. Finally, computer audio can get *better* results than using a CD transport.

Now, I spend £30 a month for unlimited streaming of millions of songs rather than spending my time skint and in record stores! Nowadays, I slowly build & rebuild a core collection of higher quality physical media, which has suddenly become a lot cheaper on CD.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Clint.

Default SPPV kit

I'd like to recommend the Rothwell Rialto phono stage, for the money I think it is superb SPPV, to my ears anyway.

I'm Neil.

Default AOS-recommended SPPV products - just an idea for a sticky?

Allo DigiOne. DCS or £1000s master clock jitter performance for a couple of meals out. Moode has also been great as an operating system. Seems to work better hardwired, highly recommended.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast