+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The SR7-EHD is in the Hoose

I'm Mike.

Default The SR7-EHD is in the Hoose

I managed to pick up a S/H Paul Hynes SR7 21/27 EHD ( serial 0019 ) from a seller over on the Wam, who very kindly PM'd me before putting it up on the classifieds.

It has not long arrived so I was wondering if anyone had fitting instructions, I have seen the photos on here that show the red wire and black wire soldered to the board looks is simple enough.

But are there any photos showing how to remove the current PSU inside the TT, and what exactly does it remove, does the onboard on/off switch become disabled, does the strobe still function, I am assuming its no/yes but thought I'd ask anyway.

Previous owner showed me images of his TT after removal of the internal PSU but his wires were just snipped off, I'd rather do it a bit neater, any tips/help?

Thanks,

Mike.

I'm Robert.

Now thats a seriously good psu I believe. I plan to go to one of these one day plus the 3 stage regulator mod. Let us know how you find it once you have it up and running

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Now thats a seriously good psu I believe. I plan to go to one of these one day plus the 3 stage regulator mod. Let us know how you find it once you have it up and running
    thanks Robbie, it certainly seems to get great reviews, I thought initially I was dealing with the seller about an SR5, and I thought the price was good, when I found out it was the SR7 I didn't hesitate

Just waiting on how to remove/fit and my 'potential' son in law will solder it for me, just another one of his many tests

I'm Andrew.

Welcome into the SR7 club. You will now need to do some open heart surgery to your 1210! Seriously, you have probably bought one of the best upgrades available, I have the version above yours, the XL version. It was costly at the time but can't EVER imagine my 1210 without.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Welcome into the SR7 club. You will now need to do some open heart surgery to your 1210! Seriously, you have probably bought one of the best upgrades available, I have the version above yours, the XL version. It was costly at the time but can't EVER imagine my 1210 without.
    thanks, looking forward to getting it fitted tomorrow, how do I remove the existing transformer, do you just cut the wired or do you desolder them somewhere? I have no instructions and struggling to find much on the net as to how to remove the old one.

Mike.

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Excellent, thanks. I had seen that thread but in all my searching is forgotten to bookmark it.

I still think it's a bit messy just cutting wires though.

I'm Kevin.

Unsolder the wires then. That is what I did so I can put the original PSU back if I ever need to.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Unsolder the wires then. That is what I did so I can put the original PSU back if I ever need to.
    Too late lol

I'm Mike.

All fitted and sounding mighty fine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast