+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Martin.

Got the Studiospares SN10 in. Never had them on the current main rig before. They are the front speakers for my home cinema system. 8 inch mid bass and soft dome tweeter in a sealed box.

Only just started listening. Not as refined as the B&O but punchier and more lively.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd like a try of the big 'un at the top of the range. Probably very rare.
    They are. And expensive when you find them. But well worth tracking down...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

You've heard them then?

I'm actually sort of preferring the much cruder Studiospares speakers. Apart from a hint of a 'kazoo' like quality to the mids they are much more dynamic and exciting to listen to than the B&O. Definately a personal taste thing, I know a lot of folk would prefer the more sophisticated presentation.

Would seem what I am really after is a speaker that has the dynamic openess plus the sophistication. Answers on a postcard as to what speakers that might offer that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Josie.

My friend uses Studio Spares monitors in his studio. They always sound great.

White drivers too... cool!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Martin.

Yes, the white drivers were a big selling point I only bought them to hook up to the telly, they are more than good enough for that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Some very big boxes just arrived in the room:

Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Woahhh...

And I presume its not a fridge freezer?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Dave.

when does the unboxing start?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Martin.

They weigh as much. Or I'm getting weaker. Probably a little of both. Need a sit down and a cup of tea before I can battle with the set up.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Josie.

ALWAYS unbox with a cup of tea.

How can it be done any other way!

I bet they will sound smashing. Great speakers. Of course, they will need some breaking in so if first impressions are good they will only get better.

Leave them running the Isotek disc in for a while.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast