+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171
Results 1,701 to 1,706 of 1706

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Ah that's annoying.
    Indeed. Not as annoying as them taking down all the back issues of Stereophile. Hi-Fi News also got taken down.

Happily I'd already read them all but they were useful for reference purposes. Only a small percentage of their loudspeaker reviews are available on their website.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Got the right issue of Stereophile and it does have a long review of the speakers, but no measurements.

So now I've got no idea where I saw them or if I even ever did. Oh well.

So carried on tweaking the PEQ by ear and think I've got it spot on now.

As well as the notch at 1Khz I've now added a little bit of boost (0.3dB) between 5Khz and 8Khz just to add a bit of extra sheen to cymbals and that. I did have it on 0.5dB but that sounded a bit 'obvious' so I dialled it back.

Totally enamoured with this PEQ, it really is like a speaker upgrade. Should have tried it years ago.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Got the right issue of Stereophile and it does have a long review of the speakers, but no measurements.

So now I've got no idea where I saw them or if I even ever did. Oh well.

So carried on tweaking the PEQ by ear and think I've got it spot on now.

As well as the notch at 1Khz I've now added a little bit of boost (0.3dB) between 5Khz and 8Khz just to add a bit of extra sheen to cymbals and that. I did have it on 0.5dB but that sounded a bit 'obvious' so I dialled it back.

Totally enamoured with this PEQ, it really is like a speaker upgrade. Should have tried it years ago.
    Encouraging me to get one myself. Why leave EQ up to the equipment designers and mastering engineers when you can do it yourself and far more relevant in your own acoustic enviroment!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Encouraging me to get one myself. Why leave EQ up to the equipment designers and mastering engineers when you can do it yourself and far more relevant in your own acoustic enviroment!
    One here - Fairly close to you in Kiddy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226120009180?

Means giving up your valves though!

There's pro units from Citronic, Behringer and such but they are a bit harder to integrate into domestic set up especially if like me you don't used balanced inputs and outputs. Not as easy to set up as the one in the Sony either, but it's not rocket science.

Some DACs have them like RME but a bit more expensive even s/h.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    One here - Fairly close to you in Kiddy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226120009180?

Means giving up your valves though!

There's pro units from Citronic, Behringer and such but they are a bit harder to integrate into domestic set up especially if like me you don't used balanced inputs and outputs. Not as easy to set up as the one in the Sony either, but it's not rocket science.

Some DACs have them like RME but a bit more expensive even s/h.
    Maybe a step too far giving the valves up. But that looks a good price for a piece of kit like that. Maybe it would work in a digital set up where I am not relying on the valves so much?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Maybe a step too far giving the valves up.
    Thought it might be!

You'd have to digitise the signal from your TT too. There's an MM phonostage built in, but I've not tried it.

Paid £350 for mine - absolute bargain of the century. I might bid on that one so I have a spare.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread