+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm John.

They certainly look impressive in the room Martin. I know where you are coming from with the phat bass, I think it's what makes your body move, hence the use in clubs. For me things sound flat without it, not accurate maybe but i prioritise enjoyment over absoloute accuracy.

Haven't thought this through particularly but could you use a 2nd amp to drive the woofers of one of your spare sets of speakers, possibly through the equaliser, as a stereo sub to just give the mid bass boost you'd like. Might be enough to satisfy you till you get your custom builds to fruition.

I'm John.

Out of interest, are the Akais sealed or ported?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    They certainly look impressive in the room Martin. I know where you are coming from with the phat bass, I think it's what makes your body move, hence the use in clubs. For me things sound flat without it, not accurate maybe but i prioritise enjoyment over absoloute accuracy.

Haven't thought this through particularly but could you use a 2nd amp to drive the woofers of one of your spare sets of speakers, possibly through the equaliser, as a stereo sub to just give the mid bass boost you'd like. Might be enough to satisfy you till you get your custom builds to fruition.
    That is just crazy enough to work. The pre-amp allows 3 sets of outputs, so could run a signal out to the eq unit into, say, a Linn LK100 and then into the Akais. Turn the mid and top controls on the Akais right down and use the eq to tune in the rest. A bit Heath Robinson though, and I don't have enough plug sockets without daisy chaining another distribution block. Still, that is do-able and might be worth trying just for the learning experience.

Edit: The Akais are sealed box.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

If you still have that sub amp you had off me Martin. You could run a feed into that and split the output to run two speakers as subs (or just one). It's quite powerful and the bass contour can be adjusted.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Geoff, yes I forgot about that. Still in the box upstairs. I could hook it up to the IMF transmission lines, that should enhance the bass a bit
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

Thinking of running a sub myself with the Spendors as they are very bass shy.

Have you had Basie Kansas City 5 yet Martin? I was playing it last night sounded great. If it was your cup of tea try Basie Jam and The Dukes Big 4.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Yes I've got Kansas City Five. Not had a proper listen to it though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm gone.

Have you tried playing with the port stuffing, changing the material used, even taking it out entirely?
    That will certainly affect the character and level of the bass.

I'm Martin.

Thought of that but the foam is fixed in place.

I am being my usual picky self. Bass, and sound quality in general, is more than adequate. Will be having another long session with it after tea.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

If its that artificial foam then its better out. The natual sponge is best ive found. It hard when dry but does cut to size reasonably well... i used to get the baby sponges on amazon. A much better bass
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast