+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca's Lash Up 2: Lash Harder

I'm Martin.

Thought you meant you had seen a review or liked some aspect of it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Thought you meant you had seen a review or liked some aspect of it.
    well I did, as Jerry lkes it and Paul (rffc) has one too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Ah righto. I've not been paying attention then.

Like many of my buying decisions I will research, consider, and anguish over this for a long time and then get something random on a whim. Need to stop doing that.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Alan.

I'm James.

DAC right first time = DAVE but that is £7500 over your budget
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    DAC right first time = DAVE but that is £7500 over your budget
    Yeah I know you love DAVE. You want to marry it and have its little digital children.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Timothy.

I don't know what it would cost on your side of the pond, and it might be close on your budget, a Metrum Musette is a seriously nice DAC, and would go a long way.

So many DACs out there though to chose from!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yeah I know you love DAVE. You want to marry it and have its little digital children.
    I much prefer vinyl
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    I don't know what it would cost on your side of the pond, and it might be close on your budget, a Metrum Musette is a seriously nice DAC, and would go a long way.

So many DACs out there though to chose from!
    £1000 over here so a little bit spendy. Plus it is NOS and I'm not convinced that is anything more than a solution looking for a problem. Agree the choice on the market at the moment is overwhelming.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm James.

I know I bang on about DAVE Martin but it probably is one of the best DAC s on the planet at a price! I have taken two people from here who you know well to meet him and even they would tell you their jaws dropped!

You have a tough decision finding a DAC for £500 as there are so many of the buggers to choose from especially if you consider second hand aswell. It's like trying to choose a digital camera, there are a vast array on the market and they are all surpassed by new technology within 6 months. I suppose you could say you have to dive in sometime acknowledging this and maybe a current £500 DAC will be all you need and keep you happy for a good while.

I have heard a good many DACs and have constantly been surprised at how they have moved on from the good old days when they only resided in a CD player but I would say the significant improvements only come every couple of years. It's a pity the really good stuff is so expensive!

Personally if I were ever to go back to digital I would definitely not use a CD player but would use something like this
    http://www.innuos.com/en/catalog/go/zen-mini-mk2-std

And lash it to a DAC of your choice.

If you ever want to hear why I go on about DAVE I can arrange for you to come and have a listen.

+ Reply to Thread