+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sleeper aiwa reciever

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post

And these sound luvely with those NS1000M's you donated in person to my audio set up .

I'm gone.

Good to hear you are still enjoying those Yammies, Stan!

I'm Geoff.

Aiwa certainly made some nicely turned out gear in the seventies and into the eighties. I had a couple of the receivers. I'd rate the build quality alongside Luxman and Yamaha.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

They did a lovely-looking 'mini compo' system too. Not seen one around for a while now but they used to come up quite cheap on eBay.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They did a lovely-looking 'mini compo' system too. Not seen one around for a while now but they used to come up quite cheap on eBay.
    That was quite a neat little setup.

I had the slightly similar Toshiba Aurex mini component system. Pre, Power & tuner.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

All from around the same era, 1978 to about 1982 IIRC
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm nigel.

THANKS for the replies...I guess I'll swop out all the lamps for even lighting.
    to reply to the poster asking for the mod number...its a AX7600 from about 1977.
    as far as my limited searching go's, its one of the last pure Aiwa's built before sony bought them out and sent the quality rapidly downhill.
    I was aware the brand were makers of fine cassette decks around this time, but this one is a pleasant surprise.
    built like a tank..inside and out. I've noted some good quality nichicon caps, thick pcb tracking and a large potted transformer.
    the exterior is also well made with huge chunks of alloy for the knobs...no plastic inserts...and for some reason a removeable glass panel covering the tuner.
    all this gives 40+ wpc, but it sounds more to my ears.
    there is a noticeable increase in bass weight and quality over my NAD/TAG lashup...so much so that I at first thought the bass control was still in the loop when set flat.

NIGE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12