+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ELP

I'm Jerry.

Default ELP

Is it true they are reforming?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    hope not, i did every date bar one on the black moon 90's re union that was enough for any man

I'm Neil.

And why should they not? However I for one would only welcome it, if they can come up with something of quality. If they are going to play live then it would give those of us who were to young first time round to see them live. I have seen Carl Palmer live when I saw Asia a few years ago, fantastic drummer imho.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Nobody.

ELP had a bad habbit of turning Tarkus in a medley on the last tour..carl palmers modern drumming style is terrible .

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Did ELP ever break up since the nineties? I thought they were touring in the noughties, but I'm way out of it now and the last thirteen years have flown anyway for me...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm notAlone.

If I understood properly, they're just reforming for the HV festival http://www.emersonlakepalmer.com/index.html
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Nobody.

Na never real intentions in being a proper band again. You had the black moon album '92 with the Albert hall gig of the same tour..The pathetic 'In the hot seat in '94..Loads of crappy money making things came along to keep die hard fans happy like the 'manticore vaults', 'isle of wight gig 1970', t'hen & now' etc etc..Remember emerson reformed The nice but has his own band, Carl palmer has his own band as does greg lake...Never be an ELP gain as we knew em.

I'm Jerry.

I saw Keith a couple of years ago at Liverpool Phil. Although I enjoyed it I thought his ability to play had diminished. Or maybe he was just fed up playing the same stuff so often.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Nobody.

It's called had his day.

+ Reply to Thread