+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rogers Studio 1 / LS6 and or Quad 405 / 606 / 909 Listen In or Near Milton Keynes

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I guess no-one around MK is using that kit, at least no-one who is a member here.

The usual drill with used equipment is to buy at a reasonable price, try it, and sell it on if it doesn't do it for you, either at the price you paid or a nominal loss. It is a pretty easy, cost-effective method of trying a lot of different kit in your own home and system.
    Yes you are probably right. There was always a small chance there could be some locals.

I have seen some equipment advertised here and then appear on ebay very quickly, sometime at quite higher prices (dealers perhaps), so its case of jumping in quick to try and secure a deal. cheers
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm Martin.

Put a wanted ad up on here. It is amazing what folk have stashed away that they can't be bothered to advertise.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Good idea Martin. Cheers

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Quad 606mk2 is an easy recommendation and it has enough power into 4 ohm loads (unlike its predecessors up to the 500 series) to work with most speakers out there. The 606mk1 needs work to update it now and earlier ones needed warm-up time which the later and mk2 onwards models didn't.

Enough said about the 33 and 34. I grew up admiring the 33 from afar, so when I had the chance of a nice one, it was logical I'd try to improve it. I'm pleased to report the dada mods do a heck of a good job. It seems the 34 will respond too to a similar update kit and will need the supply caps changing in any case so they don't leak into the motherboard and wreck it. Op-amps are improved and in any case, the gain can be altered to advantage even on stock ones.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Thanks Dave.

606 MK11 or 909 wanted ad posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456