+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linear power supply module

I'm Alan.

Default Linear power supply module

Has anyone had any experience with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Assembled-...0AAOSwxN5WW84e

Produced from this AMB project:

http://www.amb.org/audio/sigma11/

I normally build my PSU's from scratch, but thought I might try a couple of these for a pair of Temple Audio Monoblocks.

Any comments most welcome.

Alan
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Brian.

No experience of these particular modules Alan , however I've dealt with this Ebay seller ( sep-store ) on three different occasions and his srevice and goods have always been excellent . I just received one of his linear PSUs this morning and it's been powering my M2 Tech Young DAC all day without a hitch
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

danilo Guest

Dunno,, Maybe it's good Maybe it's Not?.... Feeling Lucky ?
    Personally I've tired of Chi Fi crap... having bought Too Many 'bargains' over the years.

I'm Simon.

Looks perfectly good. I'd use big Panasonic or kendeil for the main caps and Cree or Qspeed diodes but other than that.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Alan.

Thanks,

I think I will probably try them, was interested as they were not run of the mill 3 terminal regulator designs.
    Need to source suitable transformers first, as for 18V output they require 20V+ secondary.

Thanks for component recommendations Simon.
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Rob.

It would appear these are adjustable "The output voltage can minute adjustment" can't see why you could not choose any voltage between 5 and 24v? from one module?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Alan.

The output is set by a reference zener diode which is specifically chosen for the desired output voltage.
    I guess there is a little trimming feature for those of us with OCD that would like to read 18.000000000000000V on a meter!

But basically yes, the board can be used to make a psu with what ever output voltage you like by changing the transformer, zenor and it's series resistor.

I'm James.

Hi Alan. Did you go ahead with this ?
    Thanks
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

+ Reply to Thread