+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spotted in TV or films

I'm Dave.

Default Spotted in TV or films

I noticed in "Grantchester" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grantc...28TV_series%29
    http://www.itv.com/hub/grantchester/2a2958a0007 ) the other night that there was what I'm pretty sure was an FM radio. This was an Ekco upright model - about 3 ft tall - with a bass reflex speaker, and we had one just like it at the end of the 1950s and during 1960s. For its time, and for its price, it had a great sound.

Maybe this is an odd "sport" but noticing old equipment can sometimes be fun. I was recently in Madeira, and on a tour round the island there was a cafe/restaurant which had some old kit - and some of it looked familiar.

Maybe others have spotted kit which they were familiar with in TV programmes, or films, or while travelling.
    Dave

I'm nigel.

check out VINYL on sky atlantic 108 Monday nights at 9pm.
    a drama set around a fictional 1970s US record label...the attention to detail with regard to classic silver Japanese kit is amazing.

my wife has got properly pissed at me calling out the makers and model numbers!!!!

NIGE.

I'm winston.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by winstonmalcolm View Post
    Very little of interest there, least of all Jamiroquai!
    Barry

I'm winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Very little of interest there, least of all Jamiroquai!
    Thanks for clearing that up for us.

I'm Alan.

Referred to as 'Jamirocrap' in this household,
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    check out VINYL on sky atlantic 108 Monday nights at 9pm.
    a drama set around a fictional 1970s US record label...the attention to detail with regard to classic silver Japanese kit is amazing.

my wife has got properly pissed at me calling out the makers and model numbers!!!!

NIGE.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Chris.

There was a scene in a Tokyo Yakusa house in 'Tokyo vice' with TOTL B+W speakers in background.BackIng up our image of them having great info?
    Toyota President limos plus mega stereos =Yakusa bling.
    Chris.

+ Reply to Thread