+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEWS: Meridian Firmware Update Enables MQA Playback

I'm Howard.

Default NEWS: Meridian Firmware Update Enables MQA Playback

They say:

Meridian Audio announces the availability of a firmware update for its MQA-compatible products including Explorer2, Prime Headphone Amplifier, 808v6 Reference CD Player, 818v3 Reference Audio Core, Special Edition Loudspeakers range, and its 40th Anniversary Systems.

Meridian customers will have access to the necessary updates to enable MQA playback—offering listeners for the first time in their own home, the opportunity to experience the full, intricate detail of a live performance for the first time in the history of recorded music.

Commenting on the announcement, John Buchanan, CEO at Meridian Audio said, “The commercial availability of MQA heralds an exciting time for Meridian and our customers. We are proud to be the first to offer MQA playback at the highest level in a pure digital signal path straight from the studio to your home or pocket. Meridian has ....

Continues @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/03/n...-mqa-playback/
    Well, hello.

I'm Richard.

I've had this firmware on my Explorer2 DAC for a few weeks now and it's working nicely. I downloaded the sampler MQA compilation from 2l.no and it is absolutely stunning. I just hope the MQA catalogue expands soon as there's very little available right now.
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread