+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebottle Head Amp development

I'm Alan.

Oliver - A head amp is used to raise the low output signal from a moving coil cartridge so that it can then be fed into a standard moving magnet phono preamp.
    It's prime requirement is to be low noise as the input can be in the order of 0.2mV, that's 200 millionths of a volt

It's an alternative to a SUT (Step Up Transformer).

Andrew - I will be sending out two demonstrators so we can certainly arrange that.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

Andrew - I will be sending out two demonstrators so we can certainly arrange that.
    That's great news, it will be going up against a well sorted Lentek and will be used with a barage of low output MC's.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Andy I have an early prototype of the Firebottle head amp running at the moment.

If the fully sorted version is even better than this it will be superb!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Oliver - A head amp is used to raise the low output signal from a moving coil cartridge so that it can then be fed into a standard moving magnet phono preamp.
    It's prime requirement is to be low noise as the input can be in the order of 0.2mV, that's 200 millionths of a volt

It's an alternative to a SUT (Step Up Transformer).

Excellent explanation Alan. I don't have a MC cart as yet so no need to put my name on the test list lol.

I'll be watching with interest though for the future

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Excellent explanation Alan. I don't have a MC cart as yet so no need to put my name on the test list lol.

I'll be watching with interest though for the future
    Oliver you would be welcome to come and listen to Alans Head Amp round my place when I get it.

I am very local to you.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Bigman80 Guest

That's really good if you Jimbo. I'd Defo be available for that !

Thanks

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    That's really good if you Jimbo. I'd Defo be available for that !

Thanks
    Let you know when it's landed.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Next question what's a step up transformer?
    Yes?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Andy I have an early prototype of the Firebottle head amp running at the moment.

If the fully sorted version is even better than this it will be superb!
    That sounds great Jim, I seem to be going through a Head Amp phase at the moment, this will be the third I've tried this year.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    That sounds great Jim, I seem to be going through a Head Amp phase at the moment, this will be the third I've tried this year.
    I am still waiting for a K&K SUT to be reconfigured to 1:10 step up ratio to try with my Denon 301 mk2 but I have a feeling Firebottles Head Amp is going to sound even better.

I will post up my thoughts in the next few weeks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast