+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ideas for standing ditton 66's on

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Jamie,

Wednesday's not the best (although I could move some things if necessary), but any other day would be fine. If it was Thursday, then morning would be best, early doors. I'm in all day tomorrow and Friday.

Let me know when he's coming so I can organise my diary

Marco.
    just spoke to baz ,he said its looking like Thursday or Friday .
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    NO NO!! or maybe no no anyway... YMMV in a big way with this! I tried this with very bad results but they were the next size up from that, biggest I could get! In my experience they do resonate with a big heavy speaker on top (KEF Reference 105.3 here). All I can say is in that room with those speakers it killed my sound. I say again YMMV.
    Those small Mana things look ideal

i had a marked improvement when I put my Tannoys on concrete blocks because my lounge floor is suspended timber with a 18 inch void in a room that is 30 ft long and 14 ft wide with a vaulted ceiling at 12 ft high it certInly tightened up the bass on the other hand I've heard Marcos 66's at Scalford Hall on mana stands and they sounded superb, room dynamics play a lot in it

what im trying to say is the slabs cost a tenner and the Mana cost a shit load more , for the sake of a tennner give it a go

I did spend a lot of time on my floor at a later date packing all the joists so there was no bounce when the slabs got their marching orders after my ex missis finally noticed them after a few months lol
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123