+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale : Rega Saturn R CD player / DAC

I'm Marcus.

Default For Sale or Swap : Rega Saturn R CD player / DAC

Provisionally Sold - lasted a few hours on eBay !

Sadly, I just don't play CDs any more since the advent of streaming, and while this is a superb DAC in its own right (at least as good as the Rega DAC R), I need to save the space a small standalone DAC can give me.

The player is 2 years and 3 months old, is fully operational with no faults, and has been lovingly kept in excellent condition. I have not come across a disk it cannot read so far.

Complete with original packaging, remote and power chord. It weighs an absolute TON.

Current RRP is £1598, and these never get discounted by much, if anything.

So looking for a nice round £1000, including next day, fully insured, postage - I think 40% is a very decent saving for such a desirable piece of kit. Don't be afraid to make an offer, but no low balling please. Woudl also be open to swap for TQ Ultra Black speaker cable (minimum 3M)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm sure everybody on this forum is well aware of the quality of this, but here is a review anyway:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...und;1580/20426

Payment by PayPal or direct to account.
    Last edited by bronzeage; 01-03-2016 at 09:57.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

It's a lot better than an Apollo R and I think the DAC *should* have the edge on the DAC in either marque - Hifi Dave will confirm.

Great price too
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Marcus.

Would also be up for a speaker cable swap - 3M of TQ Ultra Black would do nicely.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I doubt you'd keep that stuff for very long either
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I doubt you'd keep that stuff for very long either
    lol - you could be right, but so far, TQ Black is the only speaker cable I can live with, guess I have a preference for the smooooth.

+ Reply to Thread