+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Australia

I'm Amdan.

Default Hello from Australia

Hello everyone. I am from Adelaide and came across this forum whilst looking for information on the Technics SL-1200. I notice from other member introductions that I am not the first person to do so.
    I have been in this hobby seriously since 2003. I was always interested in good sound but only discovered the high end side in 2003. I have been trying to get it right since then. My CD playback is pretty good however it does not quite sound the way music sounded in the seventies and eighties. I then got back into vinyl (fortunately I never sold my old records - I always knew I would use them again). I ended up with a Michell Orbe and Tecnoarm after trying VPI Aries which was a disaster for me (sound wise). Whilst the Orbe is a good machine - again it did not quite replicate what I remember from decades ago.

Late last year I bought my daughter a vintage Sony vinyl system and was astounded by the sound. It got me thinking. Anyway I ended buying a Technics SL1200 a few weeks ago. I mounted a DL103 and was again astounded. I am sure most of you can guess what my first couple of posts are going to be about.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Amdan. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place for Technics information. Have a look at the Analogue Arts section and you'll find the Techiepedia sub forum that is dedicated to Technics SL-1200/1210 turntables. Start a thread there and ask any questions you may have or just join in the discussion.

Tell us what music you like and what the rest of your system is comprised of.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Amdan,

Yes, the Technics 1200 is very popular with some members here. Just post any questions you have in the Techipedia section of the Forum.

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread