+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rigger's rig

I'm Gary.

Very cool room Paul, love it.
    Bit of an arcade nut myself, totally get where your coming from.
    Huge part of my childhood too and having that stuff around is a great reminder never to grow up.

Have a full size MAME cabinet being built for me, be ready around May(ish), look forward to it.
    Meantime have the PC emulator too, as well as a wee cabinet I use with the Ipad running Mame,
    [Geek Hat on]
    and did custom vinyl graphics for it, showing all my old favourites, Galaxians, Space Invaders, Pole Position, Battlezone, Asteroids, Gorf and others. Fitted authentic arcade buttons and joystick to get the proper "feel" too...makes all the difference you know...
    [Geek Hat off]

Doing the same with the full size cabinet, should be pretty cool.
    grow up, me?

Naa...

Oh, nice system too.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 28-02-2016 at 02:10.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Paul.

Haha ! Love it.
    That mini-Defender is the nuts

Gorf !
    What a classic - I loved that game because it was a 4-in-1, wasn't it ?
    What about Amidar ??
    Did you ever play that ?
    It was another Williams one, with a strange space-demon thingie chasing you while you tried to collect bits for a weapon to destroy him. Bonkers.

I also loved Joust, which again I have on the emulator.
    Williams were a great company ..

When I got the machine I had to replace some of the buttons and was surprised how cheap they were - I got a full set of 8 (6 x fire and two 1- and 2-player) with all the cabling for a tenner, brand new
    I may replace the sticks themselves at some point, given how little the stuff costs. It's a bit scary opening the cabinet up and mucking about with the wires, but there's enough YouTubes out there to guide anyone trying it ..

I'm Gary.

Amidar was awesome, loved it.
    Speaking Williams...Defender was the best, then there was Stargate, but after that it was Robotron.
    Something about Williams' games that got you going.

Gawd, I'm geting nostalgic

Scramble was great, you remember Vanguard?
    Very similar.

Moon Patrol, same as scramble except your on the ground...fantastic.
    Catchy theme tune too...

By the way you mentioned Gorf?
    4 in 1 yes, but it actually sweared at you
    remember when it taunted you when you got blew up or whatever...it said "Fuck You Space Cadet"

You mentioned Battlezone?
    Loved that game..showing my age but here goes, there was a game for the Commodore 64 called Stellar 7?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUn2ZcgS_Go
    Closest thing to it I ever played, was fantastic.

ah..nostalgia.
    I'll get my coat.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 28-02-2016 at 02:44.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Paul.

Well worth picking this up, along with both Taito Legends titles :

Aaaaannnnyyyyway ... getting back on track

There's a wood recycling plant near me and I really want to make one of those TNT tables - it'll definitely be a double, too.
    I'm completely cack-handed when it comes to woodwork, but it looks simple enough. If I can get the shelves pre-cut at the centre, I'm sure even I can drill the holes in the right place

http://www.southamptonwoodrecycling.org.uk/

I'm Paul.

Finally

Nearly thirty years after first hearing a pair of Proac Tablettes, I've got hold of a pair at last - and they sound as good as I remember

They're the Tablette II variant in black and I've spent the afternoon mucking about with positioning, eventually ending up with them in the same spot as my previous Missions, only toed in a bit.

I did try 'em out in the open - as the pictures below show - but prefer the more meaty sound they produce with their backs to the walls.
    I've also got the tweeters on the outside.

I don't know if I'm railing against every "rule" going for these puppies, but I like what I'm hearing so far ...

I'm Paul.

It's been a while so I thought I'd post an update seeing as I've bought what I think could well be my last ever pair of speakers

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Pavel.

Very cool room and a classy understated system

I'm Grant.

lots of music at fingertips.. great stuff. i used to have brown couch like the far one... too low for me tho lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Nice, .....where's the handstand in the picture?

I'm Dave.

Very nice Paul.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast