Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, P77
    NAD 1000 pre-amp
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Sony CDP-XE520 CD Player
    SMSL Sanskrit DAC
    Teac T-R650 DAB tuner
    Mission 780SE speakers

I'm Nathan.

They look like some Meridian 205 monos. I've always wanted a set of those. Very nice!
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Paul.

They are indeed and they were the key to taking the whole system up a level.
    I got them for about three hundred quid on eBay and have never looked back - they are gorgeous

I'm Rob.

Nice.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Lee.

Nice set up, love the vintage arcade machine
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Nice set up, love the vintage arcade machine
    It's got 48 classic games on it, including Space Invaders, Phoenix, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pacman, Galaxian and 1943

I'm openingabottleofwine.

You must really like Miles Davis's 'Sketches of Spain', to have gone to the trouble of decorating the wall to look like the record sleeve.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    It's got 48 classic games on it, including Space Invaders, Phoenix, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Pacman, Galaxian and 1943
    Awesome if it has Galaxian and Asteroids too
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    Nice, I want one just for the Galaxian!
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You must really like Miles Davis's 'Sketches of Spain', to have gone to the trouble of decorating the wall to look like the record sleeve.
    I do, but it's also because it's such an iconic cover, IMHO.
    I was working for Tower Records when I did it and got the store artist to make the lettering on the vinyl cutter, though I painted the wall - deliberately "washy" like the LP sleeve - and Miles and the bull myself before applying the stickers on top.
    I love the effect though I often wonder if I ever move whether I should paint over it before putting the place on the market.
    My first instinct is a solid "NO!"

As for the arcade machine, it does have Galaxian like I said, but there are three games that aren't on there that I would really like. No, make that four - I've just thought of another one. Two of them are by Atari - Battlezone and Asteroids, which I spent loads of 10ps on when I was a kid. The Battlezone would be hard though, given the controls were so unique.
    The other two would be Williams' Defender (which I've got on a PC emulator) and the classic, Scramble. My god, I loved that game. I actually completed it at the funfair one year before the owner of the arcade kicked me out ! I spent ten pence and was in there for half an hour

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast