+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Eddie !

I'm Eddie.

Default Hello from Eddie !

Hello fellows,

Greetings from Hong Kong !

My audio system is analogue based.

Turntables : Garrard 301, Lenco 75 OMA slate, Sony Lenco 75, Lenco 99 original plinth, EMT 948

Tonearms : Thomas Schick, FR 64S, Moerch DP6, Kuzma Airline, EMT

Phono carts : a few Mono and Stereo Ortofon, EMT, Miyajima and Denon

Phono : Aesthetix IO Eclipse double-PS, John Curl Vendetta SCP-2A (H), CTC Blowtorch built-in MC, Softtone, Dignity Audio

Preamp : CTC Blowtorch, Audio Research Reference One

Power Amps : Mark Levinson 33H, VTL TT 25

Loudspeakers : B&W Matrix 800, Quad ESL 57

My other hobbies include golf, photography and cooking. Happy to share anything !

Eddie

I'm Geoff.

Hi Eddie. Welcome to AOS.

You have some nice equipment. Photos for our Gallery section would be appreciated.

Tell us if you have any plans for changes to your system and also what music you listen to.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Eddie.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks. Photos will follow when I have the time.

I listen to all kinds of music except, perhaps, rock.

In regards changes I wish to make to my system, maybe adding some SUTs to better accomplish my phono cartridges. Meanwhile, I have a Levinson JC-1 prepre, and a tailer-made SUT for the SPU A classic. Perhaps you could kindly shed some light ?

Regards,

Eddie

I'm Geoff.

Hi again Eddie.

I don't have answers to your questions. I'd suggest starting a thread in the 'Analogue Arts' section and asking. There's bound to be somebody who can discuss this with you.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Eddie,

You have some fine equipment there. I assume you are using the internal amplifier of your EMT 948 as a head amp for the EMT cartridge. Why do you want to change it? If you do, the Levinson JC-1 is a fine pre-pre amp for use with the EMT. Is yours the battery powered version, or the mains powered JC-1AC?

I use either an ML-10A preamp as a phonostage running into a Levinson ML28, or an ML25 and ML26 combination feeding a pair of Levinson ML-2 monoblock power amplifiers.

Enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread