+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mains DC Blocker

I'm Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    What makes you think the Mac mini is putting DC onto the mains? If you want to isolate it plug it into a separate mains socket! The regenerator will continue to filter the mains for all your other devices.
    Neal,
    The Mac Mini internal SMPS is notorious for being super dirty. I have now plugged it into a separate mains socket (leaving my other audio devices 'protected' by the AC regenerator) as you suggested - THANKS
    I will look at the Uptone MMK Linear Power Supply kit (when I have some spare cash).

Quote Originally Posted by lurcher View Post
    You could make a 230v : 230v isolating transformer out of two 230v:9v 100va transformers back to back. The resulting AC will be less than the 230v in, but the SMPS will deal with that, and it will isolate any DC offset the SMPS is adding from the regenerated AC.
    Nick,
    That is a another option. In my current DIY mood, I am willing to have a go at anything, If you have time could you post a link to a suitable pair of transformers. I can't seem to find any other DIY forum threads that have more detail, pictures or diagrams of one that I could make. If the cost isn't too much I might have a go THANKS for your advice.

I'm Neal.

Is it? Do you have a link to any measurement that show it is? Im pretty sure Apple apply PF correction to their supplies, maybe it's passive and not active and therefore does throw some harmonics back onto the mains but.......it's not DC
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Neal.

Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Nick.

A Paid of these would do the job. All care as usial with mains voltages etc...

http://www.rapidonline.com/electrica...-0-12v-88-5201
    Nick.

I'm Neil.

Hmmmmmm, time to dig my balanced mains out and fit a DC blocker on the input, the girlfriend will be happy, not! Very industrial looks.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234