+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bi-wiring dilemma

I'm Paul.

The Onkyo hasn't got any pre-outs iirc, so I wouldn't bother bi-amping.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    hi Paul, is the a9010 the UK tuned jobbie? ive read good things about it. how do you rate it with your tannoys? Jim
    Hi, I need more time to get used to it but initially I find it rather thin, treble'y, 'S' ish. Could be because this has frequency response up to 100KHz, where as my old NAD only reaches 20KHz.? The Onkyo is the UK version.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by twickers View Post
    The Onkyo hasn't got any pre-outs iirc, so I wouldn't bother bi-amping.
    Hi, it has a phono/RCA line level output (L/R).

I'm Martin.

Not a variable output though, I would guess, so not much use as you won't be able to adjust volume which is more than a minor inconvenience. I think the NAD 3020 can be used as a pre-amp though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not a variable output though, I would guess, so not much use as you won't be able to adjust volume which is more than a minor inconvenience. I think the NAD 3020 can be used as a pre-amp though.
    what about a power amp with volume control?

I'm Martin.

Should work fine, providing you don't want to use a turntable and don't have a problem with only being able to connect one source at a time.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm paul.

Should work fine, providing you don't want to use a turntable and don't have a problem with only being able to connect one source at a time.

I'm paul.

all the sources would be connected to the Onkyo A-9010 inc. a turntable and I would only be listening to one source at a time i.e. I wouldn't normally listen to a CD, Record, cassette & tuner all at once anyway! The signal would be passed via the line out phono sockets to the power amp and the speakers connected to the power amp and I would use a power amp with a volume control.

I'm Tom.

A few years ago I ran two LK85's to biamp a pair of B&W 684s. Even the pair of them were too weedy to drive the LF properly. Sold them off with the LK1 pre and bought a Unison Research Unico integrated. It was 1000 times better at driving the speakers and cost less than the linn kit put together.

I'll never bother bi wiring or bi amping or anything like that again.

I'm Tom.

Double post...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast