+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headphone Amp and Dac for Raspberry Pi

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Hi Mark I have to confess the Capella is the first non portable dedicated headphone amp I've had, so there will be other good options out there I'm sure, but it drives my AKG K702s very well, and they can be difficult to please...the damping and gain controls really come into their own. Oh and it matched the Caiman II it's partnered with
    Dear Will,
    Thank you for the the feedback !

- Mark

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive got the audiophonics one... betters the iq imo
    Dear Grant,
    Thank you for the assistance !

Ordered the Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC ES9023 V2 TCXO Raspberry Pi 2.0 A+ B+ / I2S, will post a review when it arrives.

All the best,
    -Mark

I'm Mark.

Hi Everyone,
    Thank you for the guidance.

Have ordered the Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC ES9023 V2 TCXO Raspberry Pi 2.0 A+ B+ / I2S .

Now starting to think about the headphone amp. There seems to be consensus that the B22 is one of the best headphone amps. Found an assembled board on ebay Assembled B22 mono headphone amplifier board would require two boards, heat sinks, case and power supply, seems pretty straight forward. Would combine the Raspberry Pi with Audiophonics DAC and B22 in one case.

Other Options:
    Lehmann Clone

A1 clone class A

ZEROZONE JLH Class A 1969 Headphone amplifier

ZERO-ZONE Classic reproduction HD-8-A1-PRO Headphone amplifier finished board

Thinking that it would be an easy way to try out DIY, buy the board(s), case, power supply and try it and see if I like DIY.

Welcome suggestions,
    -Mark
    Last edited by museguy; 27-02-2016 at 00:07. Reason: added links

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by museguy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Have ordered the Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC ES9023 V2 TCXO Raspberry Pi 2.0 A+ B+ / I2S .

Now starting to think about the headphone amp. There seems to be consensus that the B22 is one of the best headphone amps. Found an assembled board on ebay Assembled B22 mono headphone amplifier board would require two boards, heat sinks, case and power supply, seems pretty straight forward. Would combine the Raspberry Pi with Audiophonics DAC and B22 in one case.

Another Option:
    Lehmann Clone

Thinking that it would be an easy way to try out DIY, buy the board(s), case, power supply and try it and see if I like DIY.

Welcome suggestions,
    -Mark
    In the intervening period you might want to try a simple dogbone case just to get it up and running, given regieB's DIY thread the full build looks quite complex...I need to find a version of Squeezelite that is compatible with the LCD screen before I continue with mine...

PS you'll need some extra spacers for the case
    Cheers, Will

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    In the intervening period you might want to try a simple dogbone case just to get it up and running, given regieB's DIY thread the full build looks quite complex...I need to find a version of Squeezelite that is compatible with the LCD screen before I continue with mine...

PS you'll need some extra spacers for the case
    Thank you Will,
    Will check out the dogbone case and regieB's DIY.

All the best,
    - Mark

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by museguy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Other Options:
    Lehmann Clone

A1 clone class A

ZEROZONE JLH Class A 1969 Headphone amplifier

ZERO-ZONE Classic reproduction HD-8-A1-PRO Headphone amplifier finished board

Welcome suggestions,
    -Mark
    Hi All,
    I also posted in DIY forums. Several people warned against any of the above ebay "clones". Instead recommend the F5-HA or the Akitika for the PR-101 or the upcoming PassDIY

-Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123