+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Vinyl. All analogue Hifi Show

I'm Neil.

Thank you Guy.

Both for the show report and the excellent photos of the show and Lisbon, very nice indeed.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Nick.

Those pictures are lovely, and it looks like a fabulous event. Anything that encourages an appreciation of sources comprising other than anonymous black boxes is good by me. At least you knew what you were getting at this show.

The link up with the radio museum was an excellent idea. I think I might have got a little overexcited faced with that many old EMT turntables. I hope they get some use occasionally. It's also nice to see machines owned by 'normal people' next to museum pieces.

The moorish Castle picture is fantastic too. Looks like you had a great time!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I loved the EMT's too, yet the one I really fell for was the AR one. get it working and set up right, stick an ADC XLM mk2 or 3 in it and you've got a great and still cheap turntable IMO.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    It's also nice to see machines owned by 'normal people' next to museum pieces.
    I agree - I hadn't realised that there would be a fair degree of private enthusiast action. Those EMT's and Thorens TD124's are fantastic.

Chris

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I think Marco would LOVE a fettled EMT...........

I'm Steve.

Excellent pics.
    How can digital compete with that lot from a visual perspective let alone the sound aspect?
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

...and turntables are just so more tactile, too. But, I even find I miss using the CD player when streaming, so we'll probably go all mushy and nostalgic for that eventually!

But back to the pics - excellent, and thanks for posting them Guy. I do think however there is a fine-line between "awesome" and "garish" which one or two of these cross, visually at least! To me, the beauty in design is often in the simplicity, but each to their own, of course! I'm off to ebay to search for a Sound Burger!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm David.

It can't, and that's the whole point really. I think that a lot of "enthusiastic" LP replay is about the handling of the medium, the look and "feel" of the gear itself and that wonderful feeling it gives us males (mostly) to use and own such gear.....

I'm Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I do think however there is a fine-line between "awesome" and "garish" which one or two of these cross, visually at least!
    I absolutely agree. My own decks (SP10) are about as minimalist & understated as they get.

The little Kenwood TT pictured was made for them by Micro Seiki and I have seen pictures of the UK supplied Trio version which was dark grey rather than gold. It's one of those I'd like. The gold version here was too much!

But yes, too much bling in some of these for me too, although there's no harm in others enjoying them. Different strokes etc.

I'm Guy.

A few more from the privately owned collection

401 / 774

I'm not sure this last one was really from 1971 although the original RD11 probably was

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast