+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rejigged Rig

I'm Graham.

Why are you standing the Tannoys on those boxes? My Cheviots will shake the concrete floor without a sub just by standing them straight on the floor.

I'm Paul.

The Cheviots sound far better when off the ground. The bass didn't change with the stands (they are 15mm MDF screwed and glued so pretty solid) but the treble and clarity improved significantly. They put out plenty of bass, but my room is large and the listening position seems particularly bass-light, the sub helps with weight there, and with extension as the Chevvies don't go that low in the standard cabinets (Paul RFC can probably tell you exactly how they behave!).

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    The Cheviots sound far better when off the ground. The bass didn't change with the stands (they are 15mm MDF screwed and glued so pretty solid) but the treble and clarity improved significantly. They put out plenty of bass, but my room is large and the listening position seems particularly bass-light, the sub helps with weight there, and with extension as the Chevvies don't go that low in the standard cabinets (Paul RFC can probably tell you exactly how they behave!).
    Interesting, in my room they go very low (audiable on my hearing down to 15hz) but then a room will make a lot of difference. Mine are considered by many listeners as being very clear perhaps a a little clinical in the mid to top end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12