+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon 301 mk2

I'm James.

Sorry to hear that Ken, disaster. I have heard that the 301 has a delicate suspension system and is a bit fragile but you would expect to give a couple of years life?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    I don't believe it!
    My 301 mkII has just died!
    I presume this means its buggered?
    Dominic at Northwest Analogue could fix it, but I don't know if it would cost more than just buying a new one. You would have to ask.
    http://www.northwestanalogue.com/

I'm Ken.

The urgency, is I wanted to use it at the wigwam show on the 19th, looks like my Goldring 1042 will be back in service for that.

To be fair, I have had a couple of years use out of the 301, and as pointed out, repair might be be costly.

Got my 301 from the States, not enough time for that. Been considering an Ortofon MC20 Supreme, they are still available new (Thakker) at a little over £500, there's a used one on the bay gathering interest, up to £110 after 17 bids and finishes on Sunday. Used is a gamble though and it may not get here on time.
    A new DL-103 is about £179 and I could have one by Monday, that's a thought.

No, I won't rush into anything, I'll put the Goldring in tonight and depending on the result, may bid on the MC20 Supreme, which is a step up anyway if its a good example.
    I also have a 2m Red but the Goldring should be the better of the two, as I put a new stylus in it last year and its not had too much use since.

I'm Dimitar.

Ken, that's bad news.. How long did you use it? (the DL-301)
    I just ordered the MK2 version of the cartridge, I really hope it will be strong enough, because not all my vinyls are brand new.. and.. hopefully it will last.

I'm Alan.

Ken
    If its of any interest I have a 301 mk2 with about 3hrs use only and boxed, yours for £100

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by mindarelus View Post
    Ken, that's bad news.. How long did you use it? (the DL-301)
    I just ordered the MK2 version of the cartridge, I really hope it will be strong enough, because not all my vinyls are brand new.. and.. hopefully it will last.
    My cartridges get a lot of use. I had my 301 mkII for 3 years and it was in the deck for two of those, getting up to 50hrs a week on occasion, 20 to 30 often and never less than 10hrs a week. So I did get good use out of it. I like them a lot, dynamic, good bass and accurate tone.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Ken
    If its of any interest I have a 301 mk2 with about 3hrs use only and boxed, yours for £100

Alan
    Damn, just seen this Alan, I would have taken that, but I have it sorted now.
    I won a pre owned Ortofon MC20 Supreme off the bay, should be here tomorrow before 1pm special delivery. Fingers crossed it works ok or I could be contacting you about the 301. Thanks for the offer.
    There weren't any Kontrapunkt B up for grabs - I looked.

I'm Ken.

I'm not getting email alerts when someone posts on a thread I'm subscribed to, this is how I missed Alan's posting and cartridge offer.

Not knowingly changed anything, they have just stopped.

Checked my settings and instant email notification is selected.

I'm using "Thunderbird", but they used to come through using it, strange and a PITA at the moment.

EDIT: May have sorted this - will have to wait till someone posts on a subscribed thread and see if I get a notification.
    Last edited by Qwin; 13-03-2017 at 14:08.

blackstar Guest

Alan,

As Ken has got himself sorted, could i possibly take up the offer on the 301?

Regds

M

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Alan,

As Ken has got himself sorted, could i possibly take up the offer on the 301?

Regds

M
    Sorted as long as the cartridge works!
    Otherwise I could still be up for the 301.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast