+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pro-Ject VC-S (RCM)

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

I've not had an issue with excessive heat and i've done a few 1hr cleaning sessions. When you use the rcm,is it in free space? There is an exhaust on the side,maybe if that is blocked it would build up heat??
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm David.

Thanks Kininigin, yeah I do it on a tabletop with free space all around. I see that there are vents underneath as well, and those are clear.
    I'm gonna try raising the clamp assembly a couple of mm, there's an allen bolt to adjust that mentioned in the instructions.

It could be caused by using the DiskDoctor brush I guess, similar design to the MOFI one, a large felt pad.
    I guess the drag this applies to the LP is more than the Pro-Ject goats hair brush, so might add torque to the motor which could result in overheating. Hmmm.
    SYSTEM 1: LENCO GL75 | UNISON RESEARCH UNICO P | SONUS FABER CONCERTINO | RPi4 HIFIBERRY DAC+ PRO |
    SYSTEM 2: TECHNICS SL-1200MK2 | SCHIIT MANI | A CD SPINNER | RPi4 HIFIBERRY DIGI+ PRO | FiiO K5 PRO | REVOX PR99mk3 | MACKIE MR624 NEARFIELDS | BEYERDYNAMIC DT990 250OHM

I'm Clive.

Mine is coming on Wednesday. My intention is to bin the fluid that comes with it and use some " L'Art du Son" that I have managed to source. Do any of you guys have any experience of this fluid or should I keep the included fluid.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Simon.

Definitely bin the fluid it comes with. The thing was knocked up in a rush as the original recipe would not pass customs because of the alcohol content. The new fluid doesn't contain any alcohol and I'd be suspicious about using it.

I use The Right One which is superb fluid.

I'm David.

I'm using the DIY formula often mentioned here on AOS (4parts distilled water to 1part IPA(99.9%) with 1:200 Ilfotol wetting agent).
    Same is also extensively written about on londonjazzcollector.
    Opinion seems entrenched into two camps as to whether alcohol is bad for vinyl. I'm no chemist, just following the herd which seems to think it's fine.

My water supply is from here (£15 for 5L delivered):
    http://www.buydistilledwater.co.uk/d...-specification

I have no experience of other fluids so can't compare. The Pro-Ject concentrate does smell very nice though!
    SYSTEM 1: LENCO GL75 | UNISON RESEARCH UNICO P | SONUS FABER CONCERTINO | RPi4 HIFIBERRY DAC+ PRO |
    SYSTEM 2: TECHNICS SL-1200MK2 | SCHIIT MANI | A CD SPINNER | RPi4 HIFIBERRY DIGI+ PRO | FiiO K5 PRO | REVOX PR99mk3 | MACKIE MR624 NEARFIELDS | BEYERDYNAMIC DT990 250OHM

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Mine is coming on Wednesday. My intention is to bin the fluid that comes with it and use some " L'Art du Son" that I have managed to source. Do any of you guys have any experience of this fluid or should I keep the included fluid.
    I use L'Art du Son, and have done so for a few years now. (still on my first bottle)
    It's very good as a cleaning agent, but on the other hand you really need to use sterile bottles for mixing the fluid in. If they are not absolutely clean there will grow things in the cleaning solution!
    On the other hand i have also bought a vinyl floor cleaning agent called Tarkett BioClean which works just as good, smells quite similar and gives equal results. That bottle of cleaning agent (1Litre) cost less than £3 though! (and has the same concentration as LArt Du Son)
    I do use isoprop/dist water/couple of drops Fairy for precleaning though, the combination works perfect!

I'm Clive.

Mine arrived this morning. Unboxed and noticed some changes which seem to resolve some issues mentioned here.
    1st of all the base of the vacume tube is now some sort of hard plastic, which probably solves the sticking issue and you no longer get any grease as its not needed. The clamp now used a soft rubber material spread over both disc clamps and finally the solution now does not contain alcohol. I do use the L'Art du Son fluid.
    I spent the afternoon cleaning about a dozen records and everything works fine with no heat issues.
    My only negative comment is that the switch labels are already peeling. Not good but I will make up some new labels myself.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Simon.

Yeah, the labels on mine are not the greatest either. Makes you wonder what they were thinking with this machine because that is now the 3rd variation. It seems they never bothered to test it and just released a prototype and let the consumer spot the flaws.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910