+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B&O CX100 Speaker re foaming --- Help please !!

I'm chris.

Default B&O CX100 Speaker re foaming --- Help please !!

Hello

I have bought a pair of CX100 in good faith and despite promises to the contrary --- the drivers all need re foaming ---- I am probably looking to return the speakers but would also be interested if anyone would be able to refoam them for me ? There are lots of kits about -- I have seen some with rubber surrounds which seem to make sense ----- I am pretty sure this is not a difficult job ( no sniggering at the back ) but I have zero technical skills and with some family stuff going on not the right amount of patience to practice right now !! .
    If anyone would be willing to take this on -- I'd be very grateful and ofcourse would compensate for time and efforts ---- I can either supply the kits ( 3 of the 4 drivers need work so I'd obv just do them all ) or can pay for kits and time together --- I know everyone on here is a gent so I have no problem paying upfront so no one is out of pocket .......... what I would propose to do is to (i) just return and ask for my money back although to be fair I did buy them at a decent price (ii) ask seller to refund me ( you ) for cost of repair

So if anyone wants a little project please get back to me asap so I can advise seller

cheers
    chris

I'm Rob.

It really isn't that difficult and you will feel a great sense of achievement afterwards. Some pics of the units would be useful. Here are some pics of some Heybrook mids I did last year.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by hughandella View Post
    I have seen some with rubber surrounds which seem to make sense
    Don't replace the surrounds with rubber ones - stick to foam. The extra mass of the rubber surrounds will alter the drive units' response and affect the sound.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm chris.

thanks Guys -- apologies delay in replying I forgot to check thread again ----- i've relented and getting a used B&O seller ' Quality Dream Audio' to do it for me @ £80 for all 4 drivers including parts which didn't seem too bad --- i suspect i would have ruined a couple of drivers atleast !

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

That's a good price. Wembley Loudspeakers charged me around £90 all in for the two old 6" Elac drivers in the IMF Compacts.

I would get the caps checked and replaced too if you can as this is a pre requisite in Beovox updates. CX100's were never ever what I'd call 'high resolution' speakers, as this aspect was never part of B&O's remit back then, but they can sound smooth and very pleasant. Anything to help bring some more music out would be a huge bonus for these I think
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm gary.

£ 80 is a good price to refoam all 4.
    gweat, weally gweat

+ Reply to Thread