+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jico SAS discontinued

I'm Mike.

Nothing like a bit of profiteering eh

I'm Grant.

Im alas a bit suspicious of these things suddenly becoming unobtainium... Just when they are becoming popular. Lol...im an old cynic though
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Im alas a bit suspicious of these things suddenly becoming unobtainium... Just when they are becoming popular. Lol...im an old cynic though
    Yeah and 2 weeks after I buy my 97Xe with the intention of fitting a Jico to it

I'm Kai.

It seemed most sudden and I don't think it was any kind of marketing move from Jico since they stopped taking new orders for SAS styli as soon as they made the announcement, only fullfilling existing orders. It's the few internet retailers with some stock that are cashing in. I just hope whatever the problem Jico is having they'll be able to sort it out and provide a worthy replacement without a price hike. SAS was the only availble high quality stylus option for many vintage cartridges.

I'm Johan.

Jico still makes spherically and elliptically styli. They are really good too.

I'm Simon.

I must have ordered one of the last Me55's off their website. My smugness has been dampened somewhat by an import charge of £34.12 .
    Nevermind - I'm really loving this cartridge as it is and can't wait to hear what the SAS stylus brings to the party. I'm in no hurry to try out any other cartridges - maybe in the future but for now my money is going into the music fund
    Simon.

I'm bob.

I just saw this thread, whilst listening to my Shure M75 with a Jico SAS needle, which is lovely. I have some loyalty credit at turntableneedles.com so immediately went there to buy a new one...

I bought this one [JICO 760-DSAS] from them last July, for $153.95

The current price is listed as being $299.95, an increase of about 95%

I didn't buy a new one.

On the plus side, when this stylus finally craps out, I will be able to do the whole "what stylus should I buy...?" thread all over again, which I know everyone here loves.

I'm Paul.

New Jico SAS stylus coming out next month according to this banner which is on rotation on the Jico homepage:

I'm Kevin.

Good timing, as I want one for my Technics EPC-205.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

The banner is still there, but no detail is available.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast