+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jico SAS discontinued

I'm Kevin.

Thanks James.
    I have the OEM stylus coming for it courtesy of Marco, so should find out soon.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    If your M55e does not work you could always try an M44 -I think they are fairly similar. I have an M44-7 spare if you want to try.
    It's the M44E and M44G bodies that have the same output. They're still fairly easy to get on Ebay.
    http://cdn.shure.com/user_guide/uplo...ro_m55e_ug.pdf
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm Grant.

I was about to buy one as well... lol,,ah well it will save me money and tbh the original one is rather good. might be better looking for a heavy shell
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean View Post
    It's the M44E and M44G bodies that have the same output. They're still fairly easy to get on Ebay.
    http://cdn.shure.com/user_guide/uplo...ro_m55e_ug.pdf
    Thanks Dave, yes the 44-7 is high output.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Kevin.

It has shipped.
    Kevin

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It has shipped.
    Good Job!
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm Julian.

Very sad day; I suppose the next generation will be more expensive. I wonder what parts are so difficult to get.
    Julian.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Vinyl's still getting more popular again and interest in vintage has never gone away. I'm sure Jico will come back with something else.

There was one of the Shure designers (70's and 80's models) who was talking on one of the US forums of starting small scale production of some of the 'classic' Shure styli, as he knew the body characteristics and also the correct internal suspension damping for each classic model range - so the stylus resonances complemented the body characteristic - this area is what was dramatically improved in the later models I believe compared to the old M44/55 series (same body, different needles - I don't think older ones were good enough to call them styli, but you lot may think differently )
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Peter.

Was half-thinking of a sas for the M55E, but LP Gear have just boosted the price from $139 to $199 on their website. Not sure if they're cashing in on their existing stock, or posting the price for the next generation one. Either way, not going to bother now.

I'm Kevin.

It's $225.99 now.
    I am glad I bought one when I did!

They have all gone up in price, so I think they are cashing in on the stock they have.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast