+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jico SAS discontinued

I'm Kai.

Default Jico SAS discontinued

http://www.jico-stylus.com/announcement_sas.php

Bad news, hopefully they'll come up with something of similar price, quality & availability in the near future... I have a couple cartridge bodies that just lost all their value to me I didn't pay anything for them, but I kept them around to eventually try the SAS with one of them, but I guess I missed that train for the time being at least...

I'm Kevin.

Why now?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Josie.

That's a real shame... wonder why? They were always good IMO.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm James.

Let's hope they come up with something even better.

Glad I managed to get one of the last ones. Looking on the net across all audio forums there are a great number of people now using the SAS stylus. Maybe their manufacturing method could not keep up with demand?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Josie.

Indeed... an SAS stylus transformed my V15 III... great stuff.

They said it has something to do with obtaining the materials?... no idea what materials but I'm sure a major factor would be down to cost.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

Wow, this is bad. There's so many old carts out there where the SAS was the only alternative left.
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm Kevin.

Just ordered one from the States.
    Kevin

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Just ordered one from the States.
    Well done Kevin - you won't be disappointed. In fact I think even you did not like it, which I doubt, it will have quite a good resale value!

!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Kevin.

My only concern is that I have not been able to test my M55EM body yet, but as they are soon to be "rare" I thought I had better get one while they were still available.
    It's likely to be joined by a Grado "gold" stylus and an AT95SA stylus in the next few months for my other bodies.
    Kevin

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    My only concern is that I have not been able to test my M55EM body yet, but as they are soon to be "rare" I thought I had better get one while they were still available.
    It's likely to be joined by a Grado "gold" stylus and an AT95SA stylus in the next few months for my other bodies.
    If your M55e does not work you could always try an M44 -I think they are fairly similar. I have an M44-7 spare if you want to try.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast