+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iFi iPower for Raspberry PI

I'm andrew.

Default iFi iPower for Raspberry PI

Anyone here using one of the above to power their Pi? I was wondering if it was a worthwhile upgrade on the bog std £5 psu.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/iFI-Audio-Po.../dp/B017O38DEA
    Andy.

I'm Grant.

Would think it a worthwhile upgrade. Not tried it but looks quite. My linear made a difference and at that cost its not much outlay really
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm andrew.

Thats what I was thinking, I don't want to spend a lot on a good linear as this is a bit of a side project, my main system is based around a MBP/Roon.
    Andy.

I'm Neil.

But power input is via a mini USB, yes, no ?
    Regards Neil

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    Thats what I was thinking, I don't want to spend a lot on a good linear as this is a bit of a side project, my main system is based around a MBP/Roon.
    Looks very interesting...I have two products of theirs already, the iFi USB Power, and the iFi DSD Nano, both are excellent IMHO

As another cost saving option you could try a battery pack, I'm running my IQaudio Pi2 combo via one of these...

https://www.anker.com/products/79AN7906-BA

...unfortunately it looks like they're out of UK stock again, availability is a bit patchy...

It's definitely an improvement over the stock PSU
    Cheers, Will

I'm andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes it comes with an adaptor.
    Andy.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I can only see this option on their web site...as you say it doesn't appear to have a mini USB adaptor

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower/

...although the Amazon advert implies otherwise...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iFI-Audio-Po...5640500&sr=8-8

...a little odd, perhaps there is a USB adaptor with it

EDIT; Roob's post sorted that out!
    Last edited by WAD62; 16-02-2016 at 18:57.
    Cheers, Will

I'm andrew.

Oh well took the plunge, lets see what happens.
    Andy.

I'm John.

I bought one of these for my RPi a couple of weeks ago and I think it's definitely worth having. I also got some cables and adaptors so I could power my hard drive from the iPower at the same time. Dispensing with the clunky powered hub makes for a very neat installation.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    Oh well took the plunge, lets see what happens.
    Please report back here with your findings - looks interesting and a price more in line with the Pi itself. I've seen people selling linear power supplies for it, but at over £200, which, to me, seems bonkers when the Pi itself just costs £30.
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast