+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cassette deck line level output query

I'm Anthony.

Default Cassette deck line level output query

I have scored a lovely Denon DR-M24HX cassette deck. However, with a rated line level output of 775mV it is noticeably lacking in output through my Topping TP60 compared to my other sources. When I connect the headphone output jack (max volume) to the line in I get a much better signal with no noticeable drop in SQ.

I wonder if there is some electronic "wear and tear" in the line out circuit. My options are to find some sort of device to add some gain to the line level out or continue to use headphone out IF I am not damaging my amp.

Any thoughts???
    HOUSEBOUND---Denon 720 AMP and CDP; Pioneer PL-300 TT (via Art DJ PreII + Nagaoka MP110) ; Yamaha KX-493 cassette deck; Beresford Bushmaster MKII DAC; Beresford Capella; Boston Acoustics A26 speakers; Sennheiser Momentum; Sennheiser HD598
    PORTABLE---Fiio X3 DAP; Sony WM-DC2 cassette Walkman; Sennheiser PX100 ii; Beyerdynamic DTX 101.

I'm Alan.

Try increasing the line level output to 1.23V AC TRMS @ 1Khz

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

There won't be any electronic "wear and tear" in the line out circuit. The Denon will have been designed to give that level of output.

You won't be damaging your amp when using the headphone output if the volume levels are within the usual range and the sound is clear.

+ Reply to Thread