+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Digital stylus gauge

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Why worry? The tracking force needs of each cartridge will vary, even of the same model! Then the ambient temperature variations have an effect, as does the age of the cartridge. Nothing is exact. If the cartridge is tracking and sounding OK, I'd say there's little to be concerned with.
    I hadn't considered those variables Geoff, makes perfect sense though. Good to know the gauge is accurate as a starting point and then use my ears from there. The trouble is, we could apply the same variables to our ears as well! Add a few beers to the mix and I may as well be using the kitchen scales!
    Sources: Linn LP12>RegaRB251 arm>AT95e cart>Mose Hercules PSU / Quad 66 CDP / SPS Battery DAC3 / Airport Express
    Pre's: Retro Thermionic Mimic SE Battery Phono / Tisbury Mini Passive
    Amps: Amptastic mini T / Arcam Delta 290P
    Speakers: DCM Time Window 1a / DCM Timeframe TF500
    Power: Retro Thermionic DC Duffer
    Cables: Mixed bag of el cheapo's.

I'm Charlie.

You might like to read this article on tracking force, the type of tonearm and the influence of measuring the VTF at a different height to the record.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/in_balance_e.html

I'm scott.

as used a jesus to fit his Spu

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post

as used a jesus to fit his Spu
    Got one of those too... its pretty good and I used it faithfully till I got the digital one a couple of years ago; maybe less.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm martin.

Default Digital Stylus gauge

I think if you go on the www.audioorigami.co.uk web page he has a digital stylus gauge for £20.00 + £3.00 p & p.

Regards,

Martin

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by topoxforddoc View Post
    You might like to read this article on tracking force, the type of tonearm and the influence of measuring the VTF at a different height to the record.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/in_balance_e.html
    The overestimate factor is simply 1/cos(h/L), where h is the height error (or the difference between the height of the scale's measuring platform and the thickness of the LP) and L is the effective arm length.

So for a 9" arm and a set of jeweller's scales with a thickness of say 0.25", the error is 1.000386. Thus a measured 2g VTF will actually be 2.001g. This is likely to be less than the accuracy of the scales themselves (at best to within +/- 0.01g), so is not worth worrying about.

And if you are going to worry about it, what happens if you change the VTA, or for that matter, play heavy (and thus thicker) LPs?
    Barry

I'm Simon.

I've just got one of these but I can't get it to work. I cleaned the sticky stuff off the batteries but nada. Fair play to the seller though - gave me a refund with no questions asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligauld View Post
    Hi There
    I use one similar to this and it's given me no problems.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Ca...sAAOSwgyxWWd7j

This was the first link showing on a search so there might be cheaper versions.
    When it sits on the platter its just the right height.

Cheers,
    Alistair
    Simon.

I'm Steve.

+2
    Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    yep I have the same, reliable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234